Job ID: 5676
Coast Personnel Services is seeking to hire a Facilities and Safety Supervisor for one of our well-established clients in Newark, CA. This is a temp to hire position on 1st shift 7:30am to 4:30pm. Occasional overtime, including mornings, evenings, and weekends may be required.
Apply at: https://www.coastjobs.com/job-search/ or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with the Operations Manager in consultation with the Regional Safety Manager, the Supervisor works on continuous improvement projects, provides training, investigation and program management of site level safety/facilities programs and standard operating procedures with zero injuries. Site point of contact for: accident reporting, safety committee, PPE, DOT/Cal-OSHA compliance, permits, building/equipment/vehicle repair and other projects as assigned.
• Assesses and recommends measures to protect workers from potentially hazardous methods, processes or materials through process improvement, education/training, communication, monitoring based on federal, Cal- OSHA, and other regulatory compliance and company policies.
• Maintains safety programs and incorporates these practices into workflows, e.g. emergency action plan, IIPP, drug/alcohol testing, heat illness program, SDS, hearing conservation policy, Return to Work Program, etc.
• Acts as a mentor to new employees (monitoring safety rules and procedures are being followed, unsafe acts are being avoided, tools are not placed in a hazardous manor, etc.) Coordinates new employee hands on training with supervisors and leads.
• Responsible for keeping leads, supervisors, and managers aware of and accountable for various safety requirements (observations, toolbox talks, leadership audits, 6S lean principles, and continuous improvement projects, etc.)
• Assesses and maintains adequacy of facilities/environment (housekeeping, lighting, tool availability, guards or protective devices)
• Be the main site contact for all safety related matters: coordination between certification trainings with vendors/employees, injury reporting, SDS sheets, standard operating procedures, and team member training.
• Leads local site safety/lean committees.
Assessment, Recommendation, Development and Maintenance of Facility Programs and Protocols
• Responsible for facilitating vehicle/equipment maintenance, repair, lease and rentals
• Maintain preventative maintenance programs and logs for vehicles, forklifts, fire extinguishers, saws, compressors, dust collector, HVAC and other machinery.
• Monitor daily vehicle inspections, including BIT inspection.
• Maintain DMV compliance for vehicle registrations, smog checks, infractions, and other services.
• Maintain compliance, permits, and certifications (OSHA, DOT, CA Motor Carrier, Health, Compressors, Hazmat CERS, MSC-150)
• Responsible for facilitating forklift training certification for all personnel
• Maintain programs such as fuel, propane, garbage, recycling, vending, fastrak, water machines, pest control, etc.
• Assist with emergency situations (vehicle break downs, power outages, natural disasters)
• Handle all facility issues internally and/or with property management
• Responsible for building security: alarm system, cameras, badge reader access
• Make local pick-ups and deliveries as needed
Accident Investigation and Preventative Actions
• Manages injury reporting, investigations, root cause/corrective/preventative actions on site.
• Works with managers to ensure preventative/corrective actions are completed timely.
• Communicates with employees and managers regarding modified work restrictions
• Responsible for vehicular accident or property damage reporting.
• Monitors employees on the floor for safe behaviors. May require travel to customer sites to observe onsite employees, if required by site.
• Associate’s degree desired (preferably in a health, psychology or other related field).
• Excellent ability to relate well with others, influence, lead positive change, and foster a safety culture.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Prior experience in a manufacturing/production setting
Preferred and Helpful
• Experience or certification in First Aid/ CPR is desired.
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check