Job ID: 5675
Direct Hire – Sylmar – 2nd shift starting at 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. must be able to work overtime and weekends. $18. hr., must be able to pass a drug and background.
Responsible for operating manual or automated driven equipment to produce parts. Produce small or large orders of unique parts. Ensure products meet specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Use of manual and/or automated machinery
• Select and setup all required printers with minimal supervision
• Check accuracy of work against target specifications
• Set up machine recipes as required
• Basic troubleshooting of machine functions
• Maneuver bulky objects
• Follow SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
• Basic Maintenance Activities
• Working knowledge of shop math
• Ability to convert from inches to mm a plus
• Ability to read tape measures
• Able to adjust setup in response to problems
• Ability to read and write English
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Requires a successful completion through a state sponsored vocational school, high school diploma, community college or technical school certification program in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
A combined education and on the job training in a manufacturing environment up to 1 year with operation of manual or automated driven equipment. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities:
(Computer skills, mathematical abilities, analytical or reasoning abilities, communication skills, other technical skills, etc.) Requires:
• Basic math skills
• Basic problem-solving skills
• Attention to details
• Comprehension of drawings/guides/specifications to set up equipment properly.
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) • Regularly required to walk, sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Gross manual dexterity is also required.
• Ability to reach with arms and hands; bend, kneel, crouch and/or crawl as well as the ability to see and hear.
• Able to work night shifts and on weekends when required.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to move about in office, warehouse and manufacturing facilities.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Manufacturing Environment – safety gear such as boots, glasses and earplugs will be required and provided.
• Exposure to disagreeable elements is limited.
Safety: The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.