Job ID: 5472
Purpose: Assemble subassemblies, follow schematics, drawings and other written and verbal specifications by performing the following duties:
Essential functions and responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Read and follow blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units
· Perform bench-type processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub assemblies, using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tooling
· Assemble parts or units; position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools or power tools
· Surface mount soldering and under microscope soldering
· Cable and harnessing, to include routing, solder sleeves, wax string lacing
· Inserts color-coded wires in designated holes on connectors and clinches wire ends
· Aligns components and bolts, screws them together
· Installs moving parts, such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement
· Press-fits component leads onto board
· Places shrink tube, insulating sleeves around specified wire leads of components and shrinks sleeves into place
· Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly
· Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
· Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
· Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Follows assembly procedures per Company procedures
· Experience with surface mount and under microscope soldering
· Experience with wire color code and gauges of wires
· Familiar with circular, D-sub and other connectors
· Familiar with torque drivers and wrenches
· Drills, taps or reams holes, a plus
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Five years of related experience.