Receive, issues, and prepare for shipment all hazardous materials.
- Uses DSS/WMS and other government data systems to perform the requirements in the PWS.
- Performs the full range of duties involved in the Materials Examiner and Identifier duties such as identification, examinations, classifications, acceptance/rejection, determine and assign condition codes of all classes of material, to include but not limited to Class II, III, IX.
- Load material on and off skids, pallets, and stands.
- Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) as assigned and hold appropriate license.
- Count, weigh, record data, apply tags and labels.
- Able to use basic processes of inspection/examination procedures for material.
- Able to read specifications, drawings, prints, schematics and photographs.
- Able to prepare reports relating to distribution functions.
- Able to make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned working with and around Hazardous Material.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum three years’ specific experience in distribution and warehousing of hazardous material using DSS/WMS or equivalent warehouse management system within the past five (5) years.
- Must be able to acquire license to use Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Must be proficient in the use of Distribution Standard System (DSS) and other automated distribution systems used at site.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and have strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Completion of AMMO-62 Technical Transportation of Hazardous Materials (CERT) (9E-F58/322-F37 (MC is mandatory in order to be considered for this position. The certification must be current and not expire/require recertification within the next 6-months.
Position requires U.S. Citizenship and pass a US Government background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office/warehouse environment.