LARGE FROZEN FOOD MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN OMAHA, NEBRASKA IS SEEKING A CORPORATE REFRIGERATION COORDINATOR/ PSM SPECIALIST
ALSO THIS IS A TRAVEL ROLE THAT WILL TRAVEL TO OTHER PLANTS IN THE US, SO YOU MUST BE OPEN TO A MINIMUM 50% TRAVEL THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
SHIFT: Day shift but must be on call
SALARY IS FROM $75K-$85K WITH A 9% TARGET BONUS
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A STRONG INDIVIDUAL WITH AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND ON AMMONIA UNITS. LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO TRAIN AND DEVELOP INDIVIDUALS ON PSM AND AMMONIA. ALSO LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL BE HANDS ON WITH REPAIRS.
Responsible for overall ammonia installation, programs, and systems for all plants. Primary objective is to utilize personnel, equipment and systems to ensure maximum production quantity and quality for the Company by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor and analyze utility usage (electricity, water/sewer, gas) and propose, develop, and propose cost savings measures for all plants
• Responsible for all the facilities’ PSM Program & Refrigeration Systems in consultation with external refrigeration company and local Refrigeration Supervisors/Managers. Follow procedures and document as required. Notifies Plant Manager if major repairs or replacements are needed.
• Demonstrate leadership in the implementation and support of a safety focused culture for all plants.
• Lead in the training and development of employees for Refrigeration and PSM by managing performance and creating an environment in which employees have the opportunity to succeed.
• In consultation with local Plant Manager, responsible for ensuring plant operates in compliance with all laws and regulations for refrigeration.
• Assists other maintenance personnel with equipment repairs and research as required. Helps ensure that maintenance personnel are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that maintenance programs can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner
• In cooperation with local plan refrigeration supervisor/manager, responsible for obtaining and retaining MSDS Sheets as needed in relation to refrigeration in all plants.
• Adhere to all safety guidelines and wearing of all required safety gear (PPE)
• Adhere, support, and enforce all company policies and procedures
• Adhere to attendance guidelines of the company.
Corporate Refrigeration Coordinator
• Overall view on all ammonia installation in BHJ USA plants
• Coordination of PSM programs for all our ammonia installations – keeping up-to-date with control of local refrigeration specialist(s). Maintain and continuously update a secured version/copy of PSM plan for each plant in share drive file.
• Prepare and update inventory for every system (system capacity, main units with age if possible) and ensuring that we have a basic technical drawing for every installation
• Auditing our systems annually with report to VP – Tech/Projects and VP-Operations
• Reviewing all our refrigeration project – CAPEX
• Reporting every month to VP – Tech/Projects the actual status of refrigeration for each plant (needs, challenges, issues, strengths, weakness, eventual hazards)
• Proposal for energy savings plan for refrigeration
• Monitoring and ensuring we follow all OSHA standards and every other local/federal laws and regulations
• Staying updated on changes in laws and regulations regarding refrigeration/ammonia/PSM Programs and ensuring our local technicians have all licenses required by law
• Responsible for management of Omaha PSM program – along with guiding our other plants on PSM programs.
• Conducts monthly PSM meetings with all plants and record notes and corrective actions.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in developing, updating, and implementing Vendor Policies
• Assist in monitoring waste water discharge
• Assist VP of Tech/Projects in preparation of annual budgets
• Understand the needs and concerns of employees and resolve issues with the assistance of the HR department
• Maintains ongoing correspondence and communication with other departments (emails, reports, etc.)
• Participate in job and safety training offered and required by the Company
• Maintain good housekeeping of work areas (engine rooms and ammonia areas).
• Other duties as assigned by VP of Technology and Projects/CEO.
SKILLS ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
• Microsoft Office
• Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
• Service oriented
• Ability to communicate with people across all organizational levels
• Ability to work as a part of a team and treat coworkers with respect
INDUSTRY TECHNICAL AND WORKPLACE EXPERIENCE
• Experience in the following areas:
o Process improvement
o Production equipment and processes
o Meat/Food processing industry is desired but not required