SENIOR CHEMICAL ENGINEER OPENING IN PEORIA ILLINOIS.
LOOKING FOR A SENIOR CHEMICAL ENGINEER OUT OF ANY MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT. RELOCATION IS OFFERED AS A SIGN ON BONUS.
RANGE IS $100K-$125K.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior Chemical Engineer
The Senior Chemical Engineer will help bring new products to the market across a wide set of markets and applications.
This role will oversee the development of internal capabilities and build external partnerships in making our proprietary Mirum™ intermediates as we scale.
Essential Job Functions:
Work with the Mirum development and production teams to:
• Manage engineering projects related to intermediates (recipes) or chemical processes
• Oversee expansion of both internal and external capabilities in curative and resin production.
• Oversee, lead, and maintain Process Hazard Analysis on existing and future equipment.
• Review existing and future process designs to ensure compliance with local and national health and safety regulations.
• Optimize production methods to improve throughput and material utilization.
• Work with the futures team, product development team, and the quality team to bring online additional testing capabilities that characterize curative and resin intermediates and final products.
• Source and coordinate installation of production equipment – including heating systems, solvent recovery systems, fluid handling systems, reactors, ovens, and mixing systems.
• Document results and provide conclusions & recommendations.
• Mentor junior engineers and help train/supervise interns and technicians as needed.
• Required, Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related field, PhD a Plus
• 6+ years of industry experience
• Preferred, previous industry experience in process engineering and scale-up
• Familiar with NFPA and OSHA codes and regulations
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
• A start-up mentality as well as the ability to wear multiple hats
• Fluency in office productivity tools (Microsoft 365)
• Attention to detail
• Works well with others
• Experience in experimental design and results analysis
• Written and conversational fluency in English