LARGE MANUFACTURING PLANT IN BOTHELL WA IS LOOKING FOR A STRONG SR PROJECT ENGINEERING MANAGER. LOOKING FOR A STRONG LEADER WHO HAS MANAGED LARGE CAPEX PROJECTS. PROJECTS CAN RANGE FROM $200K-$20M. LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LEAD DAY-TO-DAY PROJECTS TO HELP EXPAND AND GROW A FACILITY. LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION AS WELL.
THERE ARE 5 DIRECT REPORTS FOR THIS ROLE AND YOU WILL ALSO DEAL WITH CONTRACTORS AS WELL.
SALARY RANGE IS $142K-$195K SALARY WITH A 10% BONUS AND LTIP INCENTIVE PLAN
JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior Manager, Project Engineering
The Senior Manager, Project Engineering is accountable for site capital budget oversight, long-range capital planning, annual capital plan development, and project execution.
This position manages internal and external engineering and construction resources and participates as an active member of the site Engineering Leadership Team.
This position is responsible for delivering on Plant and Departmental goals, including on-time, on-budget delivery of projects meeting established success criteria in a safe and compliant manner.
This position is accountable for developing appropriate departmental and project organizational structure, work systems, Key Performance Indicators, and people capabilities to maximize return on capital.
The individual in this role must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment may include long hours, including evenings, as well as the physical demands associated with overseeing construction work.
Some travel is also required.
- The position is responsible for conducting engineering assessments, cost estimates, design requirements and management of capital construction projects ranging up to $20MM.
- The position is instrumental in ensuring delivery of engineering / construction services to the manufacturing plant, quality control and process development laboratories, offices, and warehouses. Daily interaction with contractors and vendors in the field is is a core job component. This is a hands-on position.
- Will work closely with plant management, stakeholders, and corporate staff on development of project scope, process design, capital and expense estimates, contractor / vendor selection, equipment specifications and purchases, implementation of timelines and coordination of execution plans.
- Utilize construction standards and ensure standards compliance throughout all aspects of the projects.
- The position is required to efficiently lead project teams consisting of Company employees and contractors jointly working toward the project goals, while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast moving environment.
- The position is required to track project schedule and budget performance at all times. The candidate must be proficient in developing, maintaining and communicating project schedules using tools such as Microsoft Project and Cost Control spreadsheets.
- The candidate must be highly skilled in establishing project budgets, tracking all committed and actual expenses, and performing all aspects of project closing.
- The position will coordinate all projects with EHS, Process Development, Client Project Management, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Automation, Quality, Finance and all other functional departments.
- The position will work with plant management in the development of the annual capital budget and long range capital plan.
- Ensure information flow, employee development, problem-solving, goal setting, performance evaluation, and process improvements by coaching, empowering, and supporting the project engineering department in a High Performance Work System (HPWS) environment.
- Assess and build technical capability of site employees across functions and levels.
- Develop, administer, and manage an operating budget for the Project Engineering Department.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of standardized work processes and a Project Management toolkit.
- Apply best practices and technology aligned with the biological development and manufacturing of product.
- Coordinate the selection, design and layout of biological manufacturing equipment, and control systems to ensure efficiency & reliability.
- Develop positive partnerships with other operational functions (i.e. production or human resources) and suppliers to ensure human capital, equipment, production and sanitation processes are used in the most effective/efficient manner to meet or exceed manufacturing targets.
- Manage direct reports and provide leadership and guidance for their professional and personal development.
- Own and drive safety programs to ensure Company personnel and contractors are in compliance with federal/state and company policies and procedures.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, and outside contractors.
- Review, evaluate, accept, and coordinate completion of work bid from contractors.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to construct templates and lay out reference points for construction trades.
- Recommend and/or manage continuous improvement in a way that engages employees and functional partners in systematic, effective and collaborative manner.
- Cooperate with managers and other leaders to ensure all Company legal and ethical requirements are met.
- Drive EHS and GMP compliance to ensure a successful compliance/safety culture.
- Participate in emergency and crisis management teams.
- Ensure all aspects of plant KPI’S are being reviewed and communicated to operations team and recommend ways to improve.
- Perform physical activities as outlined in the attached Physical Demands section of this position description.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities not listed may be required of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment, willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Attention to detail, knowing what right looks like and the ability to articulate that expectation to others..
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Process engineering and analytical process mapping experience required.
- Ability to write capital funding requests, business correspondence and executive project status reports.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification strongly preferred.
- FDA/GMP knowledge required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with multi-level audiences.
- Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge: Computer skills – Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to read and red-line AutoCAD drawings required.
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering from an accredited four-Year College or university required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of Engineering Project Management experience with increasing levels of responsibility and authority.
- People leadership experience required.
- Experience managing capital projects with greater than $20MM in approved value or $10MM in annual spend required.
- Experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical, or life sciences manufacturing industry or construction preferred.