LARGE FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN ALLENTOWN, PA NEEDS A LEAD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. THIS ROLE IS ON A DAY SHIFT 6AM-230PM. LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS STRONG WITH ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL TROUBLESHOOTING, STRONG AT DEVELOPING TECHNICIANS, SOMEONE OUT OF A FOOD OR BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT IS PREFERRED.
DAY SHIFT 6AM-230PM
PAYS: $36-$42 HOURLY
3 WEEKS VACATION
BENEFITS KICK IN 1ST OF THE MONTH AFTER 30 DAYS
This Production Maintenance Technician IV is accountable for the necessary maintenance duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and production maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. This can include all production equipment, HVAC, mixers, conveyors, wrappers, tanks, motors, pumps, dock maintenance, building maintenance and any other item required by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize the Preventative Maintenance Program including predictive maintenance, spare parts inventory and down-time trending by equipment and frequency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups including Production, Human Resource, Quality, Supply Chain, Warehousing, and Finance to meet production targets.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve machines and plant equipment to maximize efficiency.
- Model, for the maintenance department, a strong sense of ownership and accountability. Showcase flexibility and a “whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done right, including being on-call nights and weekends.
- Assist in executing the production schedule and supply the needs of Operations.
- Ensures effective Maintenance safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Adheres to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Responsible for Food Safety and reporting any non-compliance issues to their immediate supervisor.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Own, lead and train maintenance technicians on TPMS tasks
- 5+ years of maintenance experience in a food manufacturing environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to use critical thinking to plan and problem-solve.
- Good verbal, written and multi-tasking skills, can do attitude.
- Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook software.
- Tetra Pak processing and filling equipment experience a Plus.
- The location for this role is in Allentown, PA
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- 100% of the work is performed in a production environment.
- Must be able to stand/walk for majority of the shift.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or with a team.
- Competency in performing multiple tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Must have reliable transportation (location is off bus route)
Benefits at 1 months following 30 days of hired date.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.