FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN Lancaster, PA NEEDS 2 MAINTENANCE MECHANICS ON 2ND SHIFT WITH PLC TROUBLESHOOTING SKILLS
GREAT COMPANY AND A TON OF GROWTH POTENTIAL. PAY RANGE IS 28-34.50 HR DEPENDING ON HOW WELL YOU INTERVIEW IS THE RATE YOU WILL GET.
O/T is available
Reports to the Maintenance Manager
• Dental Insurance
• Health Insurance
• Fringe Benefits
• Paid Holidays
• Free Snacks
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Vacation
• Life Insurance
JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Mechanic
Responsible for a safe and reliable machine operation. Duties to include (but not limited to) proper preventative maintenance and repair to equipment and to maintain the building and production lines.
All duties are to be performed in a safe and timely manner and in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Primarily responsible for maintaining their respective production lines.
• Support Maintenance Manager by identifying any known problems or by requesting parts needed to maintain or repair equipment.
• To complete any special projects or work orders in a safe and timely manner.
• To keep their work area clean and organized.
• Complete daily line checklist and support line lead with any equipment problems.
• Practice good habits of teamwork and cooperation with fellow employees.
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production lines.
• Locates sources of equipment problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand/power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Controls downtime by working with and training line operators.
• Fabricates repairs by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Critical thinking
• Communication Proficiency, verbal and written.
• Time Management
• Process Oriented
• Mechanical Abilities
• Demonstrate ability to follow diagrams
• Read and follow manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specificiations
• Read operations manuals, interpret sketches
• Electrical background
• Basic Math
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
The employee will occasionally Stand; Walk; Reach with hands and arms; the employee is regularly sitting; the employee will use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Talking and/or hearing.
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
The employee will occasionally lift to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. However, warehouse and production exposure will be expected. You may be exposed to fumes, temperature changes (hot, cold), loud noises, wet environment and moving mechanical parts and vibration.
Education and Experience
We are an EEO employer.
Please note this job decription is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activites may change at any time with or without notice.