Accounting Supervisor, Elk Grove, CA
The Accounting Supervisor reports to the Director of Finance and assumes a supporting role in tasks related to efficient maintenance and accurate processing of all financial transactions. The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for timely and accurate processing related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash reconciliations, inventory, fixed assets reconciliations and general ledger entries. The Accounting Supervisor is involved in various financial analyses in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The Accounting Supervisor will work closely with the Accounts Payable and Receivable Specialist, Accounting Coordinator and Assistant, Financial Accountant, Operations and Sales Department. The Accounting Supervisor will be assisting the Director of Finance on multiple accounting and finance duties and financial reporting.
Essential Functions/ Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Finance in managing Accounting and Finance projects following the established deadlines and guidelines.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, expenses, and cost journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information, understand the nature of the balances, follow up on open items, and fix any discrepancies.
- Maintain and balance general ledger and subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions by cost center and their related expenses; resolving discrepancies and ensure all relevant information is available for financial statement preparation.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules, create monthly detail journal entries; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals of fixed assets and Capital expenditures and keep accurate records of fixed asset inventory.
- Assist the Financial Accountant with month-end closing activities and account reconciliations to ensure proper accounting for revenues, operating and corporate expenses, inventory, and capital expenditures, as well as year-end close, including external audit related tasks.
- Ensure all transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures are followed and communicated.
- Identify any potential accounting issues or problems to bring to the attention of the Director of Finance.
- Perform monthly Cash and Bank Reconciliations.
- Responsible for overseeing and assisting Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Billback Coordinator and Accounting Assistant duties.
- Review Customer and Vendor Applications, W9, COI, References, and other information
- Review, analyze, and provide communication for purchase orders, agreement changes, and vendor transitions to ensure accountability, accurate costs and timely payments.
- Planning, reviewing, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, labor and manufacturing costs.
- Communicating with multiple departments and understanding of multiple cost processes, establish best practices and improve process effectiveness.
- Assist in supervising Perpetual Inventory system.
- Coordinate with CS Team Lead for coverage of pones/front office door.
- Supervises, mentors/coaches and trains accounting staff, conducting performance reviews, disciplinary actions, and approves time off requests for accounting staff, participate in department recruitment and selection process of new staff.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance, or related field OR Associate degree + 5 years of accounting/finance working experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- 5+ years experience supervising accounting/ administrative staff.
- 4+ years’ experience working with accounting software.
- Must have knowledge of Finance and Accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Statement of Financial Accounting Standards (SFAS)
- Must be proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel modeling skills.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must be able to manage company confidential information, be self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and able to take the initiative.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities, able to work independently and cross-functionality.
- Must have exceptional excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality at all levels within the organization and outside parties.
- Must have excellent communication skills, multi-tasking skills, excellent organizational skills and be a team player.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure and time constrained situations and adapt to quickly changing priorities across multiple projects.
- Must be able to comply with and follow all food safety, and third-party certification policies (SQF, Gluten-Free and Organic, etc.).