DISTRIBUTION PLANT IN ROCK HILL SOUTH CAROLINA NEEDS TWO 3rd SHIFT MAINTENANCE MECHANICS. NEED SOMEONE WITH STRONG ELECTRO MECHANICAL SKILLS AND GOOD STABILITY. PAY Range depending on how well you interview is 24-34HR PLUS A 5K SIGNING BONUS.
3rd shift 10:30PM-6:30am M-F
2nd shift 3:30pm-1:30am Rotating Wed-Sat- Sun-Wed
1st Shift 6:00am-4pm Rotating Wed-Sat- Sun-Wed
The Maintenance Mechanic l will perform preventative maintenance and repairs (electrical, mechanical and fabrication).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on mechanical material handling equipment, including transportation conveyors, sortation systems, and forklifts.
- Perform maintenance projects as assigned on: conveyor systems; to include installation, removal, and process improvement changes.
- Perform emergency mechanical repairs to failed material handling systems.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled repairs to facility equipment.
- Identify and locate required repair parts for failed systems.
- Maintain accurate record keeping such as: work orders, time sheets, and parts request.
- Technical / Functional Competence
- Quality of Work
- Willing to learn
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of basic manual hand tools, powered hand tools as in drills, grinders, and saws. Have the ability to weld and utilize a cutting torch. Must possess knowledge of basic facility repairs as in painting, minor plumbing, and lighting. Must also possess knowledge of spare parts procedures and inventory control.
- Ability to utilize and be certified in the operation of forklifts, powered pallet jacks, scissor lifts, and boom lifts.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Requires overtime work as necessary.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and/or weekends as scheduled.
- One to two years of progressive mechanical aptitude in a distribution or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Mechanical inclination required.
- Capable of troubleshooting basic mechanical system failures.
- Will be expected to conduct all assigned tasks scheduled by supervisor.
- Must be well organized, and able to complete, and perform work orders.
- Cognizant of the expectation to be accountable for company assets, expenditures, and tools or equipment assigned.
- Must place the utmost importance on working safely, and maintain a safe work environment for yourself and others at all times.