Large Manufacturing plant in Abingdon VA is looking for a Lean Manufacturing Engineer.
nLooking for someone that is strong with projects, making changes at a facility, strong with six sigma and process improvements.
nMust have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering; or a business, science or technical discipline.
nSALARY: $100K/yr +Bonus
nDay shift role and 100% onsite as well.
nJOB DESCRIPTION: LEAN MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
nThe LEAN Manufacturing Engineer will implement a LEAN culture, ensuring the company is a first-class manufacturing operation. This key individual will have a hands-on role in developing, managing and implementing LEAN principles which provide continuous improvement to eliminate defects and waste.
nThis position reports to the Mfg. Engineering Manager.
nESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The LEAN expert defines LEAN measures together with management.nnt
- Prepares and updates the LEAN roadmap in close cooperation with management. ntt
- Monitors LEAN measures and alignment with the roadmap.ntt
- Informs management about the status and progress of LEAN manufacturing implementation. ntt
- Coordinates interactive experience exchange with other Managers in the company.nt
- Works with group leaders/department heads to develop a support structure including information flow and systems, process reviews and LEAN tool introduction. nt
- Establishes LEAN manufacturing concepts and programs, within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, by creating and implementing uniform policies, procedures, work instructions and training manuals to support the company’s LEAN environment. nt
- Interfaces with Employees, motivating them to engage in LEAN philosophy, providing guidance as needed. nt
- Plans, leads and directs the implementation and training of LEAN manufacturing projects, concepts and workshops. nt
- Trains Employees in the proper application of LEAN and Continuous Improvement concepts using LEAN assessment tools. Recommends methods to improve efficiency which, in turn, will improve customer response time, factory margin, product profitability, etc.ntt
- Drives LEAN Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives and actions throughout the facility by providing on-the-job ‘attention to detail’ and LEAN manufacturing coaching. ntt
- Facilitates training and leading Employee teams in Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Six Sigma, Set-up Reduction plus standardizing work methods.ntt
- Ensures facility activities, such as: Material Flow, Set-Up Reduction, Communication Cells and Kaizen Events, adhere to LEAN standards and measurability. nt
- Manages continuous improvement efforts for quick changeover, standardized work, pull system, workplace organization and visual management from concept to implementation.nt
- Conducts continuous improvement events on the manufacturing floor and follows up with implementation. nt
- Manages and supports development, implementation and maintenance of advanced LEAN systems, i.e., Total Productive Maintenance, one-piece flow, work cells. nt
- Establishes the development and implementation of master plans for major LEAN efforts. nt
- Implements requirements in the context of continuous integrated improvement management systems consisting of LEAN manufacturing, production systems optics, environmental and energy management, safety, and ergonomic working conditions.ntt
- Communicates and works effectively with all levels of staff to drive LEAN manufacturing processes with an emphasis on safe work practices while maintaining a focus on safety, quality, delivery and cost.nt
- Tracks progress of LEAN initiatives and advises success of programs, consulting with internal departments to make corrections when necessary to achieve desired results.nt
- Works with Manufacturing and Engineering to implement process and design changes required to maximize efficiency.nt
- Develops strategies for coordinating LEAN with ISO 9001 and other business quality systems.n
- Partners with other departments to build strong internal and external customer relationships; loyalty and retention through exceptional customer service as needed and the presentation, awareness and understanding of the product.nt
- Works effectively with others in a team based environment to accomplish company goals and to identify and resolve problems.nt
- Ability to multi-task and continually prioritize tasks to be completed throughout the day.nt
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.nt
- Other duties as assigned. nt
- IMPORTANT: nt
- Any employee who does not understand any portion of the job description for this position needs to bring that fact to their Manager’s attention so they can provide further work performance or Safety instructions, as needed. ntt
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities which are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, at any time, with or without notice.nt
nThis position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
nTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
nMust have demonstrated mechanical aptitude and machine operation experience including a solid understanding of manufacturing processes. Above average computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point etc.; strong analytical, problem-solving and multi-task oriented skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective conflict management skills plus excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are required.
nEDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
nA minimum of a B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering; or a business, science or technical discipline. Familiarity with Six Sigma LEAN methodologies. A minimum 3 to 5 years LEAN manufacturing experience required.
nExperience in project management and production cost analysis is necessary. A strong commitment to the LEAN Philosophy is mandatory. Prior experience leading & implementing operational improvements in a manufacturing organization.
nMust possess the ability to communicate effectively through meetings, telephone conversations, video conferencing, etc. plus in one-on-one or group situations with customers or Employees of organization. Ability to apply common sense understanding necessary to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form with the ability to deal with problems involving several variables in various situations.
nAbility to apply common sense understanding while carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form plus the ability to create and interpret documents correctly. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving several variables in various situations.
nThe physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit in the process. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Proper lifting techniques required.
nThe work environment includes a combination of a manufacturing and office setting.
nIMPORTANT: PPE (personal protective equipment) such as eye protection, hearing protection and closed-toed shoes are always required while present in designated areas of the manufacturing environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hapco is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity employer.