“BEVERAGE PLANT IN Waco, TX needs PLC Technicians. THESE ARE DIRECT HIRE ROLES WITH A TON OF GROWTH POTENTIAL VERY BIG MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATION.
nDays they work: 3/2/2/3 Schedule
nSALARY range: $30.25-$38.00
nShift differential: $1.00
nWeeks of Vacation: 1 week
nThree (3) plus years experience in industrial manufacturing maintenance required.
nExperience with Allen Bradley PLCs required.
nElectrical/electronic troubleshooting and repair skills required.
nMust be able to use RS Logix 5000, RS Logix 500, or RS Logix 5 software for machine troubleshooting.
nMust be able to go online with Control Logix, Compact Logix, SLC500, or PLC5 using either Ethernet I/P, DH+, or RS232. Must be able to download PLC program if necessary.
nMust be able to read and understand electrical schematics.
nJOB DESCRIPTION: PLC TECHNICIAN
nDay & Night Shifts Available
nShifts : 7:00AM-7:30PM/7:00PM-7:00AMn
The PLC Technician is responsible for the manufacturing and packaging equipment and requires strong mechanical skills to include: hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, conveyor systems, and PLC usage.
- Participate in and direct troubleshooting activities in the event of equipment failure including participation in failure analysis, problem solving and prevention.nt
- Work with production team to make rapid, educated decisions regarding the issue at hand and troubleshoot systems, resolve issues by providing investigation, analysis, test, and follow-up where appropriate.nt
- Maintenance, testing and upgrading of all production equipment. Installation and testing of new food manufacturing, packaging and processing equipment. Interface with machine tools and special equipment or test modules, troubleshoot existing equipment for electrical or electronics failures and change or modify machines to improve or update.nt
- Preventative maintenance and repair when required in addition to planned mechanical maintenance duties.nt
- Participate in a continuous improvement culture while following safe workplace practices.nt
- Develop positive and respectful interactions with managers, supervisors, maintenance technicians, and machine operators.nt
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor/manager.n
Education & Experience:
- Three (3) plus years experience in industrial manufacturing maintenance required.nt
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs required.nt
- Electrical/electronic troubleshooting and repair skills required.n
- Must be able to use RS Logix 5000, RS Logix 500, or RS Logix 5 software for machine troubleshooting.nt
- Must be able to go online with Control Logix, Compact Logix, SLC500, or PLC5 using either Ethernet I/P, DH+, or RS232. Must be able to download PLC program if necessary.nt
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics.nt
- Must be able to use a multimeter and work in control panels with up to 480VAC.nt
- Understands symbols on P&ID’s and tag references on line layout drawing.nt
- Should be able to replace and configure AB Powerflex 40, 400, and 525 VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) and Yaskawa V1000 and P1000 VFDs.nt
- Should be able to replace Panelview and download application using Panelbuilder 32.nt
- Should be able to replace Panelview Plus and download application using RS View Studio Machine Edition.nt
- Aptitude for further development of technical skills.n
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds.nt
- Must be able to push and/or pull up to 25 pounds.nt
- Must be able to continuously stand and/or walk for extended periods of time on concrete surface.nt
- Ability to repeatedly kneel, bend, crouch, reach, climb and/or stoop throughout the shift as needed to successfully perform job duties.nt
- Have vision abilities to include proximate vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus as well as be able to effectively see and process computer-generated images on a screen or hand-held device.nt
- Successful completion of a post offer physical assessment, drug screen and background check required.n