NEW OPENING IN DALLAS TEXAS WITH A LARGE DAIRY MANUFACTURING PLANT. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR A AUTOMATION CONTROLS ENGINEER WITH STRONG PLC LADDER LOGIC SKILLS AND ALLEN BRADLEY PLC PROGRAMING IS A MUST HAVE. Must have proficiency with at least one of the following: Factory Talk, Ignition, Wonderware. Must have programming and configuration experience with a process historian.
nSALARY RANGE-105-110K WITH 13% BONUS
n7500 DOLLAR LUMP SUM FOR RELO.
nMUST HAVE A BACHELORS IN ENGINEERING.
n•Position: Process Controls Engineer
n•Reports into: Controls Engineering Manager
n•Direct Reports: Yes, 3 direct reports (hourly controls techs)
n•Location: Dallas, Texas
n• Plant Info: Beverage manufacturing, unionized over 500 employees, 24/7 facility
n•Products: Silk, So Delicious, International Delight creamers, Stok,
n•Base Salary target: $105k – 110K
n•Relocation: lump sum relocation open ($7500 NET)
n•Requirements: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S., and not require sponsorship to be authorized. Must have HS Diploma/GED. Bachelors degree is preferred. Must have at least 3 years related experience within a manufacturing/industrial setting. Experience within a large plant is preferred. Must have proven experience with PLC Logic and programming of Allen Bradley systems. Must have proficiency with at least one of the following: Factory Talk, Ignition, Wonderware. Must have programming and configuration experience with a process historian.
nABOUT THE JOB:
At Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We have an opening for a Process Controls Engineer based in our Dallas, Texas manufacturing facility. In this role, you will provide design, guidance and programming in support of industrial control systems, programmable logic controllers, human machine interfaces, drives, motion (servo), networks, supervisory control and data acquisition systems and IT systems. You will provide information, training and development opportunities and technical resources for plant team members and provide direct technical support of manufacturing teams, including troubleshooting, repair and training. You will partner with plant leaders, corporate engineering and plant and corporate IT resources to ensure that maintenance practices are adequate and positioned to effectively maintain production lines and to determine goals and objectives for control and IT systems that meet corporate and plant requirements.
- Engineering Services – Maintain and program PLC based control systems for manufacturing automation and instrumentation. Support plant projects and assist project leaders with the technical skills for automation and adherence to automation standards and specifications. Generate and maintain wiring schematics, control drawing and automation programs.nt
- Technical Assistance – Resource for electrical, control and IT systems. Coordinates installation, maintenance and enhancement of electrical control systems and computer equipment including PC, thin-clients, servers and LAN/WAN. Assist in end user training for plant systems and applications. Provide local project leadership for all system implementations. Document new programs & updates in accordance with standards. Maintains electrical single-line drawings, arc-flash analysis and plant network drawing(s). Test and document disaster recovery computer platforms – including SCADA, PLC, HMIs, OITs, etc., within the plant environment according to established standards.nt
- System Support – Support system integrators, original equipment manufacturers, project engineers in the design, implementation and start-up assistance of controls and automation projects. Competent to work on most complex project fairly independently. Maintains documentation of systems (hardware, software, etc) of medium to high complexity. Ensures all service packs, patches and versioning are current on all hardware & software.nt
- Leadership – Support the interviewing process as needed for the hiring of plant technical resources. Works with project engineers and plant engineers to develop capital appropriations. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods. Reviews all system and network access policies to ensure compliance with Corporate Audit Standards. Train, coach and mentor the automation control process for manufacturing plant colleagues.nt
- Out-Sourcing Analysis – Provides support services on projects for system integration firms, assists in determining requirements and assessing value of proposed services.nt
- Incorporates the Management Operating System as part of key daily responsibilitiesnt
- Responsible for supporting Line Centric activities including attending daily Management and maintenance meetings.nt
- Responsible for the success of the production line and delivery of successful Line Centric Key Performance Indicators (WIMS).nt
- Responsible for supporting the Engineering of the line, including the PLC coding, electrical/mechanical systems, and operator interface controls.n
- Responsible for department budget to include but not limited to: Engineer projects, Capital projects, Repair and Maintenance (R&M) Budget and other key plant and Corporate related initiativesnt
- Conducts inspections of the maintenance of the plant equipment, provides administrative and technical assistance to the Plant Engineer, Operations Manager, and other plant leadership.nt
- Checks projects for progress and for conformance to project work plans and orders.nt
- Oversees the maintenance, calibration, and repair of electronic monitoring and telemetry equipment.nt
- Reviews production, quality control, distribution and maintenance reports and Key Performance Indicators(KPIs) to plan, modify, and redirect line activities, as needed.nt
- Work with Plant management and supervisors to develop and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of resources and materialsnt
- Responds to emergency calls, as needed.nt
- Other duties as assigned.n
- Education: you have a high school diploma or GED, required. A Bachelors degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.nt
- You have at least three or more years’ experience in a Process, Project and/or Plant Engineering role within an industrial setting, required. Five plus years’ experience within engineering or maintenance field in an industrial setting is preferred, as is experience within a medium or large size company. Prior supervisory experience is a plus.nt
- You have proven experience in PLC logic and programming of Allen Bradley systems (such as CLX or SLC), required.nt
- HMI / Scada proficiency. You are proficient with at least one of the following systems: Factory Talk, Ignition, Wonderware—Required.nt
- You have programming and configuration experience with a process historian (required).nt
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience with AB PowerFlex VFDs and fieldbus technologies –Ethernet/IP, ControlNet and DeviceNetnt
- NICE TO HAVE: Knowledge and experience with IT systems – Microsoft (server, SQL,etc.) is a plus.n