PLANT ENGINEERING MANAGER FREMONT CALIFORNIA
SALARY RANGE : 110-120K
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in Engineering
- 7-10 years of experience in the precision manufacturing industry
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Read, analyze, and interpret common industrial, manufacturing and technical procedures, professional journals, schematics, diagrams, drawings, and blueprints.
- Write reports, business correspondence, assembly instructions and procedural manuals.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or other members of the manufacturing community.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or company employees.
Plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in the plant; responds to manufacturing issues and concerns to insure products are produced to specifications and according to manufacturing schedules while insuring efficient use of resources.
• Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
• Provides timely, accurate, and competitive quotes of potential new business.
• Determines the processes, identifies the materials and supplies to be used, and designs and builds appropriate fixtures necessary for efficient and cost effective manufacturing.
• Creates new part numbers based on customer specifications and established standards and adds new parts into the part master file of the MRP system.
• Establishes bills of material, manufacturing routings, machine burdens, and new work centers.
• Creates assembly instructions for new products to be manufactured.
• Establishes customer and internal engineering change orders (ECOs), processes and incorporates the changes, and insures changes become effective.
• Establishes the processes and routings to handle discrepant material, returned products (RMAs), and internal jobs to be reworked.
• Studies and records time, motion, methods and speed involved in performance of production and other worker operations to establish standard production rates and to improve efficiencies. Institutes changes in the production processes and/or recommends adjustments to product pricing.
• Performs engineering activities in compliance with established company and manufacturing standards, engineering principles, customer requirements, and related specifications.
• Confers with customers and engineering staff concerning product design and tooling to insure efficient production methods.
• Confers with vendors to determine part specifications and recommends the purchase of equipment and materials used in manufacturing and production.
• Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs for management decisions.
• Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Interacts with all factory employees, appropriate management and operations personnel, and other department personnel. Communicates with the Engineering Director to obtain instruction, assistance, and communicate concerns.
• Comply with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, Company policy and accepted safe work practices
• Implement the Company’s environmental, health and safety programs in all departments/units within their respective operations
• Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001), as applicable
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's or Advanced degree in Engineering
• 7-10 years of experience in the precision manufacturing industry
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Read, analyze, and interpret common industrial, manufacturing and technical procedures, professional journals, schematics, diagrams, drawings, and blueprints.
• Write reports, business correspondence, assembly instructions and procedural manuals.
• Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or other members of the manufacturing community.
• Speak effectively before groups of customers or company employees.