Construction industry experience preferred
- Cost engineering
- Project Management
- Project Controller
Reporting to the Project Manager/ Director the Project Controller will be responsible for the overall delivery of Project Controls; including Cost Management, Planning and Scheduling, Project Accounting, Progress Measurement, and Project Reporting.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Working alongside Li-Cycle’s project team and suppliers, maintain a detailed project schedule at all levels using standard coding and work breakdown structures
- Perform schedule control by determining critical path analysis, planned value, earned value, schedule variance and recommend corrective actions as required
- Work with Li-Cycle’s Finance team to develop, maintain and report project cost information, including budgets, commitments, expenditure, forecast and variance on direct costs as well as planned, actual, estimate to go and variance on indirect costs including EPCM services plus invoice management and payment
- Responsible for cost control and ensures that it is in conformance with company’s policy.
- Develops and prepares project budget and contract changes budget
- Produce external weekly and monthly reporting as required, monitoring actuals and budgets.
- Maintain trend and change system and organize schedule review and trend meetings
- Interface with other project controls and estimating team members
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related business or engineering fields
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a project environment with detailed knowledge of Cost Control and Planning (Hands-on experience is a must)
- In Depth understanding of the EPCM industry and practices
- Sound experience with computer based scheduling systems (Microsoft Project) and other computerized applications related to the work is essential
- Minimum years of experience of project accounting
- Post-secondary education in engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent related experience
- Facilitation, negotiation skills and report writing skills
- Strong team player
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to convey project technical information to project managers, clients and peers
- Interested in innovation, sustainability, safety and quality
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic and professional matter at all times.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills
- Outstanding organization and time management skills
Benefits of Working
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do