PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR IN SAN LEANDRO CA. BELOW IS THE SALARY SHIFT AND WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
Salary range $87 – 95 commensurate with experience and education
One of these shifts
- Tuesday-Sat 1:00pm to 9:30pm Sunday-Monday Off
- Tuesday-Sat 9Pm to 5:30am Sunday-Monday Off
- Supervisory/Manager Experience -Union environment a plus-preferably Dairy or food experience of some type
- Fast paced environment critical situation thinker-Independent decision making skills
- Lean Principles
- Team player
The San Leandro Milk Plant, located in San Leandro, CA has an opening for a Plant Supervisor – bottle line.
Position Purpose: Responsible for the coordination of various manufacturing and warehouse functions within a single large, complex and fast paced production facility to drive maximum financial results and deliver a quality on-time product for customers.
– BS/BA preferred in Food Science or related field of study. Experience may substitute for education.
– Minimum three years supervision/management in a manufacturing environment.
– Proven production and manufacturing experience within a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
– Basic food microbiology knowledge.
– Ability to direct a diverse unionized work force.
– Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles.
– Proven management, interpersonal, coaching and team building skills.
– Ability to interface with regulatory agencies.
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
– Knowledge of MS applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to grasp additional business-related applications.
– Ability to work with M3 and Factory Track RMP systems.
– Willingness to work nonstandard work hours and holidays.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Develop and maintain a positive workplace, within a manufacturing environment, that promotes safety, quality, trust and teamwork.
– Ensure adherence to Safeway manufacturing policies and procedures.
– Provide superior customer service to Safeway's retail management team by proving a quality product in a routinely timely manner.
– Empower plant associates by building strong teams committed to manufacturing a superior product. Also responsible for assigning accountability, training & development, coaching and implementing the CBA.
– Utilize new ideas or technology and Lean manufacturing principles & processes available to maximize plant efficiency.
– Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Safeway, Federal and State guidelines.
– Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.).