Job Description: Facilities Manager
Will oversee all 3 Plants
Rosedale MD, Belcamp MD and the Vandalia OH plant
!: All electricians and millwrights report the the Facility Manager: Grounds upkeep responsibility too.
Salary Range is 85-92k
SUMMARY: The Facilities Manager directs and coordinates the activities of the Facilities and Electrical Departments. The manager will keep the facility in good working order by providing support to all manufacturing departments; in regards to repair, maintenance, spare parts and materials. Commitment to and support of the Company Core Values are key to success in this position..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain plant facilities and production electrical equipment in all three (3) buildings; including HVAC, roof, air compressors, electrical drives, safety circuits, etc.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Develop project scopes and objectives ensuring technical feasibility
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Manage the Work Order process which includes the assignment for action, determination of priorities, and administrative document requirements
• Identify and qualify equipment vendors and contractors when required
• Respond to manufacturing questions in order to improve current processes and/or make repairs to equipment. Fix problems personally, delegate the responsibility to direct reports, or other employees within the company
• Direct supervision of electricians and millwright’s day-to-day activities; such as guarding, chutes, welding, pipe fittings, electrical troubleshooting, panel design, electrical integration of equipment, safety circuits, facility lighting, electrical systems, etc.
• Direct supervision of custodial staff day-to-day activities; such as office, locker room and restroom cleaning; plumbing repairs, tile floor service, etc.
• Facilitate equipment purchasing and installation
• Manage technical projects involving multiple pieces of equipment, multiple processes, and personnel from different departments and disciplines
• Provide recommendations to the Technical Manager for the efficient and orderly replacement of equipment
• Responsible for Lockout/Tagout Policy Manual
• Responsible for the approval for all Company individual equipment Lockout/Tagout booklets with 100% accuracy
• Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises day-to-day activities for all employees in the Electrical and Facilities Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Successful accomplishment of duties and responsibilities require the following:
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at one time
• Ability to communicate effectively and deal with problems in a sensitive, sensible, and organized manner
• Computer literate
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience or at least 5 plus years relevant experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fundamentals of solid geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid state driver's license, which meets Company requirements of the Fleet Management Policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.