- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with focus in business management and/or minimum of five years of experience in a management level position in injection molding industry
- Injection molding processing and tooling setup and repair experience required.
- The ideal candidate will lead all aspects of the injection molding department including the mold and tooling area
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for the safety of all mold setup techs, process techs, leads, backup leads and utility operators
- Indirectly responsible for safety of all others
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Companies core values
- Perform improvement activities to track and improve changeover times in Injection
- Create and sustain spare parts inventory for molds to minimize downtime while controlling costs
- Lead all mold and tooling analysis and communicate to plant manager how to improve quality, cycle time and cavitation
- Lead all activities to improve quality, cycle time, and cavitation (service calls, sending parts out, etc)
- Cooperate and collaborate with maintenance to troubleshoot and resolve operation issues
- Cooperate with the materials team to effectively and efficiently produce quality product
- Provide assistance with engineering samples and mold tests when needed.
- Provide ownership and input of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction of defects, overall process improvement, and/or the reduction of downtime.
- Ability to perform basic molding machine and injection mold maintenance.
- Experience in developing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist, mentor and train employees of Injection Molding area to help develop and improve processes.
- Performs other administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
Position Requirements and Skills
- Excellent attendance record.
- Stable work history
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge of plastic processing equipment, plastic resins and molds
- Knowledge of set-up and tear-down procedures of molds
- Ability to read and understand work instruction and do basic math
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills
- Requires standing, repeated reaching and twisting, hand movement throughout entire shift.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Basic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Must be reliable, dependable, and safety oriented.
- Must be flexible in working hours including overtime, holidays, and different shifts as required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment