PLASTICS PLANT IN MATTHEWS NC IS LOOKING FOR A PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR THAT HAS BEEN IN THE MILITARY WITH AN E-5 RANKING.
SHIFT STARTS ON DAY SHIFT FOR 8 WEEKS AND THEY ROTATES TO NIGHT SHIFT FOR 8 WEEKS ON 12 HOUR SHIFTS SO THEY WORK 8 WEEKS ON 6AM-6PM THEN ROTATES TO 6PM-6AM FOR 8 WEEKS SALARY RANGE IS 70-75K
Supervise and direct the production processes in a manner, which will optimize machines efficiencies producing acceptable quality products at minimum cost while maintaining a stable and well-trained workforce.
- Follow and support all Company policies (safety, ISO, QMS, GMP, and others as directed)
- Ensure that quality specs are met consistently
- Write and conduct employee evaluations and correction actions
- Monitor substitution, resin blends, yields and scrap and respond as needed enter data into systems as directed
- Monitor daily attendance, staffing requirements to meet schedules and maintain hours in Kronos
- Trouble-shoot in all areas
- Ensure that correct paperwork in completed and submitted
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Convey policies and procedures with a positive attitude
- Perform First Responder duties as needed
- Monitor that line speeds are being met to ensure yields are within an acceptable range
- Monitor all aspect of production to include; machine status, personnel status, new employee training, training of promoted individuals
- Conduct employee meetings and shift training as needed.
- Develop and mentor leads for career development
- Assume other duties deemed necessary
- Directly manage hourly production workforce to include material handlers.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/Or Experience
Education: Associates degree or equivalent form a 2-year college or technical school
Experience: 5 years in manufacturing; 3 years in a supervisory role
Minimum education and years of experience should not be used exclusive of other leveling factors described below.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to make practical decisions without appreciable direction or advance preparation
- Ability to communicate ideas to groups or individuals
- Ability to use AS400, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes
- Ability to use tools and measurement instruments
- Ability to develop information tracking systems
- Knowledge of business finances and manufacturing costs
- Knowledge of extrusion process
- Knowledge of national testing standards.
- Knowledge of and skill in the extrusion and blown film plastic process and associated equipment and machinery
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Knowledge of and skill in use of computers, Kronos, AS400, and PC
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees from diverse cultural backgrounds with limited English skills.