Job Details: Maintenance Supervisor
MUST HAVE UNDERGROUND MINING EXPEREINCE
FULL RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
- Maintenance Supervisor may be required to supervise on surface or underground on any shift.
- Supervises in a manner that helps to create a positive labor relations climate. Meets with Union Stewards to resolve personnel problems and formal grievances. Interprets the contract and management policies to hourly employees.
- Responsible for safety activities, including daily on-shift inspections, meeting with Union Safety Representatives on quarterly basis, training and orientation, accidents, investigations accompanying State and Federal regulations.
- Maintenance Support: Reviews operator Check Lists to see that production equipment is in correct operating condition, enters OPI maintenance notifications into SAP, enters emergency work orders and completes orders with appropriate closure codes. Ensures maintenance employees on shift are completing scheduled work; enters PM on condition orders as required.
- Maintains records of work performed, absenteeism, downtime, maintenance work requested, accidents, labor relations activities, and production inventories.
- Alerts underground Supervisor as to surface hazard/ limiting conditions including hoisting outages, adverse weather, or mechanical breakdowns when hoisting is halted.
- Ensures employees are ready for assigned tasks on time, conducts pre and post shift meetings with crews. Discusses shift challenges and develops solution paths.
- Enforce safety rules and regulations, promote safe work practices and attitudes and conduct regular safety meeting and comply with all safety problems.
- Analyze and supervise repairs, materials, tools, safe work conditions.
- Perform and complete quality work in timely manner.
- Oversees maintenance/preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Analyze repeat work orders for a better method of repair.
- Assist storeroom personnel in determining proper inventories and supplies.
- Order parts as needed in order to meet availability of equipment for mine department.
- Account for all time worked for personnel under supervision to include daily Work Orders and sign off.
- Understand aspects of collective bargaining agreement and company policies. Supervise in a manner which promotes good labor relations including handles first step grievances.
- Responsible for following Mining Law and Good Mining Practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 3 – 7 years of underground maintenance experience, preferred at least one of those years in a supervisory position
- Must be able to read and understand parts book, technical maintenance manuals, hydraulic schematics and blueprints
- Knowledge of hydraulics, welding, blueprint reading, rigging, diesel repair, basic electric, and plumbing
- Demonstrate ability to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors
- Two years heavy equipment maintenance and repair, preferred
- Two years shaft maintenance, preferred
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, basic computer skills in Word and Excel, SAP experience a plus.
- Must be able to obtain State of Ohio Underground Foreman’s Certification within one years’ time