FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN JOPLIN MO NEEDS 3 QA TECHNICIANS OUT OF FOOD MANUFACTURING. THEY NEED 3 TOTAL ON 2ND & 3RD SHIFT. PAY RANGE IS 18-21HR .
- Position will be responsible for ensuring plant sanitary conditions, and that raw and in-process materials and finished products meet established food safety and quality standards. Responsible for HACCP verification activities. Responsibilities will include making decisions to accept or reject area, equipment, products or materials when deemed insanitary, possibly contaminated, or if the product is determined to be out of Ajinomoto Foods North America’s specifications. When any deficiency in requirements occurs, it is the responsibility of the FSQA Technician to take appropriate action and inform the appropriate personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties, responsibilities and activities are listed in no particular order and may be changed or updated at any time with or without notice.)
- Verifies the quality controls in a daily production operations. Checks, inspects and investigates to ensure the GMP’s are followed, that sanitary conditions prevail, and that raw and in-process materials and finished products meet company and/or government standards as required.
- Verifies that the HACCP plan is being followed. Verifies CCPs and CPs through records review or direct observation of production employees that are monitoring and documenting CCPs and CPs.
- Takes control action (i.e. Hold) when ingredients, product or the manufacturing environment are not within expected specification or standards.
- Keeps accurate and complete records.
- Conducts plant testing as required. This may include testing machinery and equipment, temperature and process controls, new products, new raw materials, assisting in new product development, conducting supply and ingredient studies, etc.
- Audit facility product weight control program as required.
- Assists in root cause analysis of problems. Recommend solutions and preventive measures in areas involving product quality, raw materials, and sanitation controls.
- Checks operating procedures and institutes changes coming from new product requirements, equipment changes, line speed requirements, raw material variations, etc.
- Assists in developing and applying quality controls and related procedures in plant operations.
- Provides advice regarding safety, sanitation, processing, filling and packaging techniques.
- Perform all other work as assigned.
Employee Safety Responsibilities:
- Report all injuries, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and horseplay
- Use proper lifting techniques
- Use mechanical assistance (handjack, forklift, manlift)
- Use personal assistance (buddy)
- Use handrails
- Use and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- High School Diploma or its equivalent is desirable. Meaningful education and experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Sufficiently broad experience in food manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Assurance and/or food plant production operations, processes, and policies to permit execution of assigned duties is strongly desired. Limited food manufacturing experience combined with an appropriate college degree may be considered.
- Certifications such as HACCP, SQF, or through ASQ and other professional quality associations are helpful.