Need Maintenance Techs for PM shift.
- If qualified Maintenance Techs have 5+ years of experience will likely be in the $28 – $32/hr range DOE plus $1/hr shift differential for this PM shift.
- If a candidate does not have a lot of experience but has the right attitude they’ll be brought on at $25/hr, 1-3 years experience is fine, $1/hr shift differential for PM shift.
This is a 2 on, 2 off, 3 on schedule. This schedule will repeat indefinitely and will be 12 hour shifts. 5:30 pm – 6 am, or something close to that.
As an example:
Week 1 – A&D Shift (red) will work 48 hours & B&C Shift (green) will work 36 hours
Week 2 – A&D Shift (red) will work 36 hours & B&C Shift (red) will work 48 hours for an average of 42 hours between every two weeks.
So as an example A&D shift works Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday the first week and Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday the second week and so on. B&C shift works Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday the first week and Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday the second week and so on…
SUMMARY: Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repair work including, but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic production and facility systems and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The successful candidate:
- Can read and interpret equipment manuals, drawings, schematics, blueprints, and work orders to perform required maintenance.
- Provides emergency repairs on production equipment to keep lines operational at all times.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs of production equipment including replacement of failed components such as bearings, belts, motors, power/control lines, etc.
- Diagnoses problems and failures and repairs or replaces parts as required.
- Dismantles/disassembles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, using specifications and/or blueprints, precision measuring instruments, and hand tools.
- Adjust various types of devices and control systems.
- Understands facilities, systems, and component functions and relationships, and is competent in their troubleshooting and repair.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum five years of experience in an industrial maintenance capacity – rate range of $28/hr – $32/hr DOE. Will consider less experience in the 1-3 year range but starting rate would then be $25/hr.
- Food or Medical plant experience is preferred, as well as knowledge of and compliance with GMP, and food manufacturing best practices.
- Having previously installed, knowledge of, troubleshot, and repaired electrical systems, including 480v and below, and control voltage/systems.
- Ammonia Refrigeration experience preferred.
- Basic hydraulics/pneumatics experience.
- Experience in a fast paced, cold, wet production environment.
- Able to collaborate well with production line workers and supervisors, with a strong customer service mindset.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Mandatory ability to speak, understand, read and write in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move about the facility, could be standing/walking on concrete floors up to 12 hours per day. Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to sit, use hand to finger coordination; handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Standing, stooping, walking, bending, and climbing are all expected physical abilities, with or without accommodations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud. Space temperatures may range from below freezing to triple digits.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Able to work extended schedules including weekends and overtime.