$115K – $145K DOE
Oversees 4 people, stable department, this position requires a leader, 10 years of demonstrated leadership with the ability to deliver and execute a good marketing plan. Looking for someone with experience in modern marketing strategies, should have the ability to write a good story on marketing strategies.
New role, must work from a City of Industry site
Does not drive, will get mile reimbursement if he/she travels
Company is a stable Caterpillar dealership founded in the 1900's. The company sells, services, and rents a full line of new and used construction, agricultural, and material handling equipment, diesel and natural gas engines. The company enjoys a unique ability to be a nimble company with entrepreneurial spirit and leverage the global reach and support of a Fortune 50 company… local and global at the same time.
The Marketing Director is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets. Specific responsibilities include business and market development; market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising; coordination with sales; and, hiring and directing the day-to-day activities of marketing staff.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the Marketing Director include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve system and goals.
• Provides leadership, direction and management of the market research function.
• Develop and maintain good collaboration between Marketing and Sales
• Grows percentage of sales units attributed from marketing generated leads.
• Has ability to build campaigns to drive and capture the ROI on marketing spend.
• Use a full range of available marketing, sales, and financial data to measure campaign performance, guide campaign optimization decisions, inform future campaign development. Campaign goal and KPIs are well defined and in alignment with end business goals.
• Develop method of tracking, categorizing, scoring, and prioritizing incoming leads at all stages of the sales funnel to conversion.
• Uses resources and systems to ensure a marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance.
• Ensures all marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
• Provides input and support to Quinn’s leadership regarding opportunities to improve market share, growth and profitability.
• Works closely with the Sales on strategies to grow new customers, focused on the retail market.
• Oversees the development and maintenance of marketing budgets; prepares reports as needed.
• Implements strategies for e-commerce, including website, search engine marketing and e-business platforms.
• Provides marketing skills and expertise by building, developing and managing a marketing team capable of carrying out the necessary marketing strategies and tactics.
• Develop digital strategies and leverage every aspect of our marketing team to grow Percent in New Sales (PINS) profitably in the retail segment.
• Maintains positive relationships with clients, manufacturers, vendors, and suppliers.
• Reinforce and teach company strategic plan and company values
• Create an environment of ownership and personal accountability where each person is responsible and accountable for their performance.
• As a member of the leadership team, performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: leadership, communication, mentoring, empowerment, and resource management.
• Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and 10 years minimum of industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Upper management experience preferred.