To access all areas of the plant and grounds in order to accomplish assigned duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Actively pursue and correct problems with components and systems throughout the facility
• Thorough knowledge of automated packaging machinery operation, troubleshooting and repair
• Thorough knowledge of pump theory, operation and repair
• Thorough knowledge of pneumatic principles, application troubleshooting and repair
• Thorough knowledge of hydraulic principles, application troubleshooting and repair
• Capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics
• Work safely with both low and high voltage circuits
• Diagnose electric motor, motor control and device control problems
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical control and power circuits
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrically controlled equipment, including PLC controlled and solid state equipment
• Ability to weld (gas and arc) and solder
• Basic knowledge of typical facility and manufacturing support systems including steam, hot water, compressed air, and refrigeration systems
• Basic plumbing and carpentry skills
• Ability to identify and order parts and materials from manufacturers manuals and prints
• Communicate both oral and written instructions
• Complete the Standard Timing Model mechanical test with a score of 60% or better.
• Ensures compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety, food safety culture, quality and facility cleanliness
• Other duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Producing product free of contamination
• Following all Ken’s Foods Security and GMP policies
• Reporting any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
• Inspection of work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Mechanic A MA/GA/NV/IN
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
For Massachusetts only; Must possess or be able to achieve within 6 months a Special to Operate Engineering License (Steam Plant).
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ALERTNESS REQUIREMENTS
• Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
• Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
• Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the duties of the position
• Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
• Ability to work in an unfatigued state
• Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
• Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
• Ability to concentrate
• Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
• Demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
Mechanic A MA/GA/NV/IN
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.