FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN JOPLIN MO ALSO NEEDS TWO PRODUCTION SUPERVISORS OUT OF FOOD MANUFACTURING. THEY HAVE ONE OPENING ON DAY SHIFT AND ONE OPENING ON 2ND SHIFT. SALARY RANGE IS 55-65K RANGE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties, responsibilities and activities are listed in no particular order and may be changed or updated at any time with or without notice.)
• Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to company and customer expectations.
• Complete and maintain necessary daily production activities and review results against established targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings
• Continually assess maintenance effectiveness and work with production and maintenance teams to identify opportunities for improvement, production optimization and maintenance planning.
• Communicate with other supervisors and managers, while ensuring a smooth and seamless shift handoff by sharing relevant information and activities that may have a direct effect on employee safety, product quality and productivity.
• Conduct regular (daily, weekly) meetings with employees to communicate important information such as production changes, business news, order rates, safety programs and issues, overtime needs, etc., and listen to employee input on issues.
• Continually move throughout the carious work and production areas to offer support, gain input from lead personnel and employees and monitor production activities.
• Ensuring safety checks are completed throughout scheduled shift.
• Builds and maintains morale in the production department and maintains a positive attitude with fellow workers and management to enhance morale.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives, while achieving budgeted goals for efficiency on an on-going basis
• Establish a professional working relationship with the USDA and members of your team.
• Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to; new hire orientation and training, scheduling, performance evaluations, discipline, coaching, safety training and employee development, along with recommendations for hiring and terminations.
• Assure that associates have all the proper tools and equipment in proper working condition to perform their necessary job duties
• Facilitate and promote a team concept by working with associates as a team member through coaching, leading, listening, coordination and supporting
• Conduct counseling sessions and issue disciplinary action as necessary
• Planning workloads, allocating tasks and monitoring progress against targets.
• Perform periodic review and assess operator skills consistent with training expectations
• Be discreet and diligent about maintaining confidentiality.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Employee Safety Responsibilities:
• Report all injuries, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and horseplay
• Use proper lifting techniques
• Use mechanical assistance (handjack, forklift, manlift)
• Use personal assistance (buddy)
• Use handrails
• Use and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
• B.A. Degree/Equivalent Management Experience
• 3-5 years experience in a management role
• Familiar with lean manufacturing Concepts with green or black belt a plus
• Leadership (integrity/ethics, and attitude) and planning skills
• Should be computer literate in Microsoft office programs
• Teamwork in support other departments when need too
• Productivity (Including dependability, Initiative, Creativity/Innovation)
• Communication including interpersonal skills
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Solid decision making skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office suite of applications; including Word, Excel, and Outlook