FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN JOPLIN MISSOURI IS SEEKING AN AMMONIA REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN. THIS IS A 2ND SHIFT ROLE BUT WILL TRAIN ON DAYS HOURS ARE 3PM -MIDNIGHT. PAY RANGE IS 28-30
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the ammonia refrigeration technician monitors the refrigeration system. Monitors and records system readings by documenting the operation of the equipment. Performs PMs and ensures the system is performing in a safe and functional manner at all times. Including monitoring and maintaining the ammonia system, refrigeration systems, electrical, boiler and compressor rooms in good repair.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties, responsibilities and activities are listed in no particular order and may be changed or updated at any time with or without notice.)
- Repairs and maintains water, hydraulic, ammonia and nitrogen leaks throughout the plant, including freezers
- Must be able to safely open system for repairs when required while maintaining minimal losses of refrigerant
- Maintain and perform preventative maintenance activities on ammonia refrigeration systems
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments
- Is engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing refrigeration equipment
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area
- Follow all required work safe practices, including Lockout-Tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Perform all other work as assigned
- PM (preventive maintenance) all production freezers
Temperatures throughout plant average 50 degrees. Temperatures in the cooking area can exceed 80 degrees. Required to wear hairnet, smock, boots or overshoes, ear plugs, gloves, plastic sleeves, and aprons provided by the Company. Need to comply with Food Safety: GMP’s, SSOP, SOP, HACCP, SQF and Quality requirements.
Employee Safety Responsibilities:
- Report all injuries, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and horseplay
- Use proper lifting techniques
- Use mechanical assistance (handjack, forklift, manlift)
- Use personal assistance (buddy)
- Use handrails
- Use and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- 3-5+ years’ experience as a Refrigeration Technician in an industrial environment.
- Must have or be able to obtain an R.E.T.A. Certification
- Strong skills in “Process Safety Management”
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repair of solid state motor starting components and Micro panels such as: Logix, Quantum, FES or others, including skills with automation controls
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows based software, such as Microsoft Excel and Work, and computerized maintenance management system.
- Electrical skills including 480/320 v 3ph. And 120 v systems and under
- Root cause and troubleshooting skills are a must
- Must have working knowledge of electrical testing equipment and basic hand and power tools
- Must possess a high level of written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of EPA regulations
- Solid Communication skills