FOOD PLANT PORTLAND NEEDS A DAY SHIFT MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN. THE LME IS A PLUS ELECTRICIAN WITHOUT A LME OR CERTIFIED JOURNEYMAN IS NOT A HARD REQUIREMENT. THE POSITION IS 6AM -2:30PM M-F AND PAYS 35-37HR
We are looking for a Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) Mechanic to join our rapidly expanding Maintenance team in the Portland area. The Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) Mechanic is responsible for performing electric maintenance procedures on plant equipment. This individual will have good working knowledge of operation and maintenance of shop equipment and will apply mechanical and electrical ability in all aspects of job while performing daily routine activities.
Position Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read and update schematics/diagrams, as well as follow electrical preventative maintenance programs
- Maintain and repair automated equipment (packaging machinery), hydraulic equipment, compressor and refrigeration units, freezer doors, scale, electronic boards, AC/DC drives, PLC, electric hoists, pumps, microwave equipment, and all food processing equipment within our facility.
- Ability to be assigned projects, scope the work, order the materials, complete the job on time and on budget, and passing electrical inspection.
- Troubleshoot and repair both mechanical and electrical issues.
- Maintain lighting inside and outside of plant.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is ready for production start-up.
- Responsible for repairs on worn out or damaged equipment.
- Perform needed equipment modification and fabrication.
- Assist production, sanitation, and other support groups when needed.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Sanitation Practices (GSP).
- Follow all safety rules and practices.
- Perform work techniques, speeds, and efficiencies at company standards.
- Works with and understands the MP2 system program.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures for equipment.
- Develop and implement innovations to improve efficiency, safety, up-time and reduce maintenance costs.
- Will lubricate equipment with thorough understanding of requirements for a variety of devices and applications.
- Perform all other work as required.
Qualified applicants MUST have a Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) license or be a journeyman electrician. Must be able to successfully pass exam if not currently licensed in Oregon. Must be able to pass within 90 days of date of hire.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6+ months of manufacturing maintenance experience required
- 1+ year of maintenance experience required
- Must be able to read and comprehends basic blue-prints and mechanical drawings
- Must be able to read and understands test meters
- Must possess basic understanding of maintenance and installation of facility plumbing system, boilers, air compressors and hydraulic system
- Basic knowledge of basic math skills is required
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively
- Basic understanding of HACCP and food safety concepts