100k – 115k DOE
The Warehouse Manager completes various management, organization and planning tasks to maintain high performance of the warehouse’s storage and shipment processes.
- Provide strategic leadership for our Warehouse needs
- Will be responsible for overall warehouse, shipping and receiving, MUST have food industry experience, understand food regulations, and things like cross contamination and temperature controls for food. Will be over 10-15 warehouse workers, should have experience managing more than 5 million in inventory, they’re already at 5 million and they’re growing so this manager needs to be able to handle the growth.
- Promote and drive safety daily in the workplace, crafting a safe work environment for employees
- Provide consistent communication to employees and counterparts
- Drive high levels of inventory integrity within the building
- Maintain and develop a productive warehouse through employee engagement, training and providing support
- Lead and coordinate employees performing activities including unloading and stocking of inbound shipments, order selection and cycle counting.
- Ensure high standards of material storage and cleanliness are maintained
- Ensure integrity of inventory and confirm that cycle counts are completed and accurately reported
- Reviews and updates operational procedures as necessary and ensures they are communicated to and understood by the warehouse employees
- Maintain security of warehouse and safety of all employees and equipment, reporting any accidents and conveying any issues to management
- Work cohesively with Purchasing, Finance, Sales and Planning to ensure accurate reporting of inventory
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies
- Ability to effectively and timely communicate with, and coordinate third party logistics
- Initiate and train on CalOSHA annual required safety trainings as well as other needed trainings to maintain safety standards.
- Other duties as required
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Every employee is responsible for Food Safety
- With regard to Specification & Product Development, acts to comply with requirements of Raw and Packaging Materials
- With regard to site visits originating in Long Beach, attends to visitors and requires visit compliances
- Responsible for keeping/managing facility licenses and registrations, and keeping them current
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Pre-requisite programs if in processing or warehouse areas including:
- Personnel Hygiene (including hand wash procedures)
- Personnel Processing Practices
- Food Defense Procedures
- Must report material safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action: SQF Practitioner, Quality Management, Plant/Production Management, or Supervisors
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing employees in a warehouse environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a warehouse housing 5MM + in inventory in a food industry
- Experience with safety trainings and CALOSHA safety requirements for a warehouse environment
- A strong background in Warehouse operations, including shipping, receiving, and inventory is required
- Highly organized, with time management skills
- Adept to change and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills, including the abilities to set goals, motivate and manage
- Experience working with NetSuite is a plus as they're converting to this software soon.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate to different levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of SAGE software, a plus – they’re in the process of converting to NetSuite.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Ability to lift to 45 lbs. independently
- Able to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Able to physically get around the entire warehouse
- Must be able to use various forklifts, manual and electric pallet jacks
- Direct Report – Plant Manager