Job Title: Electrician B
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for preventative maintenance, installation, and repair of all electrical equipment and power and lighting systems in the facility including motors, generators, transformer controls and mechanisms, timing devices, switches, cable and conduits.
• Apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test operation of electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry.
• Work 480 VAC 3 phase motor control systems.
• Test motor-controlled devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, and other electrical equipment and components.
• Diagnose system malfunctions, isolate causes, and correct deficiencies. Dismantles and reassembles equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and diagnose causes of electrical malfunction or failure.
• Use different hand and diagnostic tools for testing and fixing equipment.
• Inspect and perform daily routine housekeeping as necessary to ensure a clean and safe work area.
• Completes assigned paperwork and reporting accurately during and at the end of shift.
• Perform all job duties with minimum supervision.
• Work safely, responsibly and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Is alert to hazards and changing conditions on all mine property.
• Communicate with management any situation that may affect safety of any employee or other issues that affect production or quality of product.
• Cross-train and multi-task with varied skill sets and functions.
• Perform incidental tasks as required to complete the larger task.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma/ GED required.
• 2-4 years’ experience as an Electrician in an industrial environment required.
• Electrical experience supporting industrial operations including knowledge and troubleshooting experience to locate and diagnose trouble in electrical systems or equipment.
• Must have experience and understanding of programmable logic controllers (PLC).
• 1-2 years’ experience working with blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications required.
• 1-2 years’ experience with some but not limited to the following types of equipment, electrical switch gear, motor starters, transformers, generators, relay logic, PLC, etc.
• Have a working knowledge of how to operate lifting devices, hand tools, and power tools.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to speak, comprehend, and read English.
• Must be able to attend work on a regular schedule.
• High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment.
• Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
• People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
• Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous.
• Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
• Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction.
• Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
• Must be able to wear all proper PPE including steel-toed shoes and safety glasses.
• Must be able to work safely in varying temperatures in production/warehouse workplace and outside year-round.
• Must be capable of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling loads up to 50+ lbs. Must be able to climb, crawl, stoop, bend, squat, and reach as required to work on equipment.
• Must be able to pass physical and drug test.