FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN SAN DIEGO NEEDS 3 MAINTENANCE MECHANICS. MUST BE BILINGUAL, STRONG ELECTRO MECHANICAL SKILLS AND GOOD STABLE RESUMES.
SHIFTS OPEN: 1ST 2ND & 3RD
PAY RANGE: 30-35HR DIRECT HIRE
JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Technician
This position is responsible for maintaining plant’s food manufacturing equipment and facility utilities, troubleshooting faulty devices/systems as well as performing regularly scheduled maintenance on all processing and packaging equipment. The position requires proficiency and thorough understanding of various machine systems including but not limited to, mechanical systems, electrical and high voltage systems, PLC and controls systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, welding and fabrication of equipment in a food manufacturing plant. The ability to function effectively in a team environment and interact productively with all levels of management and operations is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs various production equipment systems and devices and performs regular preventive maintenance as planned.
• Performs regular equipment checks and completes the required predictive checklists to identify early signs of potential equipment failures and minimize unplanned downtime, and identify opportunities for improvement. Collaborate within the immediate supervisor and maintenance planner to schedule and develop inspection routines and preventative maintenance schedules
• Performs new installations and relocations of new/existing equipment, regular and emergency startups and shutdowns of equipment in accordance with company standard operating procedures and safety requirements.
• Assist Team Leaders and line Operators in efficient line start up and equipment adjustments. Assist other maintenance department staff with technical troubleshooting.
• Keeps supervisor and/or manager up to date on all on-going work assignments, provides consistent updates in regards to project status, completion time projections, and any problems that may have arisen during the course of the project.
• Performs high quality work that meets industry accepted maintenance practices to maintain compliance with external regulatory agencies.
• Continues to develop maintenance technical skills within mechanical, electrical, controls, hydraulic, pneumatic, welding and fabrication skillset
• Increases equipment specific knowledge for maintenance activities on factory equipment such as cook kettles, pumps, mixers, food formers, ovens, fillers, food assembly equipment, fryers, primary packaging equipment such as wrappers, secondary packaging equipment such as formers and closers, metal detectors and palletizing equipment.
• Learns and demonstrates our AFNA One Team culture as defined through effective teamwork, communication, leadership, production interaction and support, etc.
• Participates within our TPM (total performance management) journey through small group activities (NWT) and continuous improvement methodology (STPD and BDA)
• Perform building and grounds maintenance and facility repairs as needed to include carpentry, plumbing, and painting
• Maintains a neat and clean work area.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Work safely and promote a safe work environment
• Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs and ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Position occasionally requires climbing to high elevations. The employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and at times up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work. Exposed to high voltage electricity, hazardous materials and chemicals used in the manufacturing and cleaning process.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
• Associate Degree or other technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years of proven work experience on electrical/electronic systems, mechanical systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems is required with the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
• Functional knowledge of standard manufacturing practices including, but not limited to: general safety, lock-out tag-out, forklift safety, ARC Flash and electrostatic discharge awareness.
• Electrical skills in troubleshooting and repairing 480/230 v 3ph.120 v and 24v systems with the ability to read and understand schematics, blue prints and PLC ladder logic.
• Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting. Must possess a high level of written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Must have working knowledge of testing equipment and devices including the use of Multi-meter, Thermal imaging camera, and basic hand and power tools.
• Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Basic computer skills is required (Microsoft windows, MS Office Suite and outlook email)
• Welding and fabrication experience is a plus
• Foods manufacturing experience is a big plus
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a big plus
• Industrial ammonia refrigeration system knowledge and/or certification is a plus
• Industrial boiler system knowledge and/or certification is a plus