Well established delicious food manufacturer needs a QA Tech, MUST be bilingual in Spanish. Shift starts at 4 pm, typically works 8 hour days. Schedule includes Sundays (Sunday – Friday) though approximately every third Sunday is off and every third Friday is off (not in the same week, it’s on a rotating schedule).
Compensation is $18/hr – $21/hr depending on experience and there’s a 3% bonus target.
Quality Assurance Technician
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the QA Tech will perform duties to assure the ingredients, finished product and the product Packaging comply with Food Safety and Food Quality requirements. This person will also help to enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, calculates and updates product specifications
- Performs analysis of data gathered regarding size, weights etc.
- Identifies raw, in process and/or cooked material conditions by collecting material samples, conducting inspections and performing physical tests
- Collects, analyzes and interprets production and quality data; determines product acceptability in comparison to specifications and company procedures
- Identifies and places unacceptable raw, in process and finished product on hold and completes all the necessary documentation
- Conducts SSOP and GMP audits and identifies unsatisfactory conditions throughout the process
- Responsible for performing verification of raw and dry ingredients before blending, blended product mix and cooked and frozen products
- Complies with food safety requirements and reports any issues to the QA Manager or Production Supervisor
- Verifies labels match the product and takes the appropriate action if it does not
- Performs CCP checks
- Associates degree preferred plus 1-2 years of experience
- Flexibility to work 6 consecutive days, overtime and weekends if necessary
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Able to speak, read and write English fluently
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations – knowledge of SPC calculations preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications specifically Excel
- Ability to work with small instruments and or equipment for measurements or readings
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; moderate to high heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.