The Civil Structural Architectural (CSA) Engineer will report to the Project Manager and will take responsibility for all engineering activities within their given brief. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively oversee external engineering design teams as part of engineering team. Throughout the design process the CSA Engineer will review designs for accuracy and efficiency in order to construct a safe and economical facility. A broad knowledge across all aspects of civil, structural, and architectural engineering designs for industrial manufacturing facilities is required.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to join our team.
- Support the project team in management, supervision, and oversight of contracted engineering design teams, equipment suppliers, material suppliers, and construction contractors pertinent to his/her engineering discipline expertise.
- Provide guidance and recommendations applicable to his/her engineering discipline expertise to technical engineering and construction teams during project planning, execution, and delivery.
- Review supplier bid proposals for completeness and compliance with RFP documentation.
- Review and approval of project design criteria, material specifications, engineering designs, and construction details.
- Review of equipment supplier engineering and shop fabrication drawings.
- Review of building material shop fabrication drawings.
- Review construction contractor RFP’s and bid proposals.
- Facilitate and manage supplier requests for information (RFI) responses.
- Interface with Li-Cycle management, business, and engineering teams to resolve project related issues.
- Coordinate and work with project stakeholders across multiple organizations to reduce risk and enable maximum value delivery
- As needed, arrange, and attend meetings, including recording, writing, and issuing of minutes.
- Provide field support as needed for project engineering and construction teams.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is preferred. Candidates with other related engineering degrees will be considered.
- Minimum 10 years' experience as a civil or structural engineer in an industrial manufacturing design or operating environment.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus
- Knowledge and execution experience in civil site development design, foundation design, concrete design, structural steel design, and building design.
- Well-versed in current US building design codes and standards (AISC, ACI, ASCE, IBC, IECC, NFPA, etc.) relative to occupied buildings, structures, and industrial manufacturing facilities.
- Experience in full project life-cycle execution (i.e. planning stages to launch)
- Knowledge in industry best practices
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'; requires minimal direct supervision
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong level of decision-making skills and accountability
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of time management
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills with an ability to communicate clearly, concisely, confidently, and professionally within all levels of the company
- Maintains strict confidentiality and discretion with respect sensitive information
- Some travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to physically oversee the construction of engineering designs in the field.
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing.
- May be required to use PPE.
Benefits of Working us
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do