LOOKING FOR A PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR AT A BAKERY MANUFACTURING PLANT IN KANSAS CITY, KS. SHIFT IS DAY SHIFT 6AM-2:30PM. LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES OUT OF FOOD AND A STRONG LEAN BACKGROUND. SALARY RANGE IS 70-75K IN KANSAS CITY, KS.
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Summary: Coordinates safety, sanitation, quality, service and employees in production zones. Assigns shifts and tasks to production foremen and mixer technicians. Coordinates schedules for procedure changes or facility equipment upgrades with other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages personnel by processing timesheets, logging attendance, scheduling manpower and scheduling vacation.
• Monitors productivity by obtaining hourly updates from production foremen and mix technicians, walking the floor, attending operators meetings, reviewing production foreman’s summary and reviewing logs.
• Provides communication with supporting departments by ensuring effective communications are maintained.
• Implements the production/mixplant schedules by adjusting the mix schedule to support production schedule changes, updating boards to reflect changes to the production schedule, updating the manufacturing schedule and briefing mix technicians, supervisors and machine operators of any modifications to the production schedule.
• Coordinates shift start up by reviewing the status of production versus schedule, reviewing current manpower status and potential set backs, reviewing mix inventories and identifying or adjusting the mixplant to match the requirements of the packing lines, reviewing the pre-weigh inventories and identifying or adjusting to the mix production schedule and communicating with supervisors any discrepancies or problems.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree is required, Engineering Degree is highly preferred and/or advanced engineering course work must be successfully completed.
• First Aid Certification
• Hazmat Certification
• Lockout/Tagout License
• Valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to effectively manage and supervise employees and/or processes in a positive manner, to achieve business goals and results.
• Must be able to operate a computer and current related software and hardware.
• Change agent with strong analytical abilities.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have strong positive people skills
• Must have the ability to operate various general office equipment, including but not limited to, a calculator, copier, fax machine.
• Bilingual English/Spanish verbal communication skills are a plus.
• Work requires supervising and monitoring work performance through the assistance of other supervisors or administrators, including making final decisions on hiring and disciplinary actions, evaluating program/work objectives and effectiveness, and realigning work and staffing assignments, as needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, darkness, and/or noise. Seasonal exposure to weather elements to include, but not limited to, extreme temperatures, wetness and humidity.
• Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical equipment, forklifts, chemical hazards, and electrical hazards.
• Position requires the ability to stand; walking around office and plant; lifting and carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; and reaching, kneeling, crawling and twisting on a daily basis. Also requires the ability to see; hear; and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
• Personal protective equipment, as defined by Company will be provided.
• Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.