The Production Supervisor is responsible for packaging a quality product, while meeting production goals and maintaining excellent communication with their team in accordance with company mission and values; working with Commitment, Honesty and Integrity, Pride, be Adaptable and Innovative.
- Lead the people and processes for your assigned functional area(s).
- Effectively utilize labor and other resources to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Perform managerial functions including but not limited to: employee scheduling, performance management, disciplinary action, performance reviews, responding to employee questions and concerns, work direction, ensuring safe work practices, accident/incident reporting, etc.
- Responsible for documentation and record keeping of employee attendance occurrences, policy violations, performance related conversations, etc.
- Complete department paperwork and data entry.
- Foster a safe working environment, ensuring that safety is a top priority for you and your team and that safety rules and procedures are followed.
- Ensure all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP's) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are being followed and adhered to.
- Ensure sanitation duties are being completed to satisfaction and paperwork is being completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Orientate and train new employees into the work environment and job duties.
- Partner with Quality to implement new regulation and compliance measures.
- Perform work tasks on the floor as needed.
Education, Experience, Qualities and Skills Required:
- 2 years in a leadership role in a manufacturing or factory setting; dairy experience is a plus.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Good conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and focuses on accuracy.
- Ability to lead by example (demonstrate strong work ethic, positive attitude, etc.).
- Effectively able to plan and prioritize work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 5-40 pounds, on occasion up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitious, production-line types of work.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to work inside a freezer or cooler and in cheese processing environment temperatures (48 – 52 degrees F).
- Able to work with tree nuts, milk and egg allergens.