Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best.Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale.Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:30am – 9:30pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 9655 Florida Mining Blvd, Jacksonville, FL, 32257.
- Perform various warehouse duties such as shipping, receiving, picking and packing orders and general warehouse organization and cleaning in accordance with established procedures
- Load, transport and deliver properly packaged medication to scheduled customers in a safe timely manner.
- Required to handle medication and supply deliveries for the infusion pharmacy to cover the branch service area, while accepting add on deliveries required to meet business needs.
- Pre and post trip inspection on a daily basis. Any problems with vehicle is to be brought to manager’s attention.
- Conduct and present yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Observe and obey all driving and traffic laws. (speed limits, use of cell phones / texting while driving)
- Driver is responsible for routine maintenance on assigned vehicle (oil changes, washing exterior and cleanliness of interior of vehicle.
- Performs daily vehicle inspection and maintains vehicles in clean and proper working order
- Performs pick up of supplies and equipment at completion of patient therapy and completes appropriate paperwork for returned patient goods
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the branch’s geographic area and be able to assess the best routes according to the delivery schedule
- Adhere to all HIPAA and confidentiality codes of ethics
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean Driving Record
- Previous experience in a delivery / driving role
- Ability to perform various warehouse duties such as shipping, receiving, picking and packing orders and general warehouse organization and cleaning in accordance with established procedures
- Experience within a warehouse environment
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook (ability to check, construct and reply appropriately, use calendar)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (ability to enter data, sort and filter data)
- Ability to work between the hours of 9:30 am and 9:30 pm (EST), Monday to Friday including the ability to work on Saturdays and be on call on a rotation basis
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
Physical and Work Environment:
- Ability to Lift 10 – 25 pounds frequently and up to 60 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies required all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.