Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working , by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
Warehouse Supervisors ensure accurate product receipt, order fulfillment and the optimization of resources and processes to provide customers with on-time products while efficiently managing operating costs.
You will oversee one of our nighttime Inbound/ days Outbound operations teams in a high volume, order fulfillment, multi-shift distribution center. You will be on the production floor teaching and coaching up to 25 team members to follow processes to ensure compliance with procedures, discover opportunities to improve processes, and promote programs that create an environment where team members are engaged and empowered.
You will inspire your team to maintain Grainger status as an employer of choice in the community. We are proud of our culture. Joining us, this is your chance to coach and teach, focus on safety, provide recognition, and foster a positive work culture.
- Outbound operations works Monday through Friday
- Inbound operations works an overnight schedule 4 nights per week between Monday – Friday.
You will report to a Manager, Distribution Process and this role is based in our Louisville, KY Distribution Center.
This role is salaried and our minimum target pay for the role is $65,000. This starting range provided is a minimum guideline. Other factors that are involved in offer decisions include and not limited to: Candidate experience, qualification, geographical area and internal equity of the team. In addition, our Supervisors working nights are eligible for a $6,000 annual/paid quarterly shift differential (subject to rules regarding policy)
- Gather and analyze production, safety, quality, cycle time, financial and other important data to understand the performance of your team. Provide your team with coaching opportunities to help them improve. Communicate trends and issues to leadership team.
- Support Distribution Center wide projects and help ensure all deliverables (e.g. action items, process improvements) are completed by the commitment date.
- Create a positive workplace culture that strengthens team member engagement and ensures all team members are treated fairly, with respect, and have the tools necessary to perform their jobs.
- Commit to our culture of recognition, feedback, and development. Provide your team with coaching opportunities to help them improve. This may include interviewing and training, assigning and directing work, identifying development goals, completing performance evaluations, and recognition and disciplinary action.
- Demonstrate root-cause thinking and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Focus on teaching and training – help team members understand why we follow standard processes and that they help foster the best customer experience.
- Follow existing audit systems to ensure compliance with company policies, and other governmental regulations (OSHA, DOT, and EPA)
- You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- 2+ years previous leadership or supervisor experience in high-volume, multi-shift, order fulfillment distribution center
- Lift 60+ lbs. may be needed
- Self-motivated, curious, analytical and data mining skills
- Demonstrate and able to teach and develop direct reports
- Strong time management skills to plan shift
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, especially Excel (can perform complex functions).
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.