The Furniture Repair Associate will operate a stock picker to pull and put away merchandise, shrink wrap and prepare repaired merchandise for stocking, and any other tasks that are requested by the management team. All stock picker training will be provided by and paid for by AFW.
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment.
- Knowledge of the correct lifting/team lifting techniques.
- Ability to perform the correct lifting/team lifting techniques.
- Ability to work 0 to 35 feet above the ground.
- Ability to be trained in cross over training.
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment.
- Ability to be trained on the correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Commitment to AFW’s safety policies and procedures and ability to promote safety awareness.
- Prepare and wrap merchandise using packaging material.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Operate material handling equipment to move product within the warehouse.
- Able to operate a radio frequency (RF) scanner.
- Able to correctly use a hand truck.
- Able to safely handle product from 0 to 35 feet above the ground.
- Inspect all power equipment and complete the Vehicle Inspection Report before operation.
- Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.
- Able to have a flexible schedule and work all shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner.
- All training provided by AFW
- Requires the ability to maneuver in confined and at times congested areas.
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, & bend for 8 hours or more daily.
- Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers, eyes, legs, and back.
- Requires lift, lower, push and pull all sizes of merchandise up to 100 lbs. frequently and ability to handle/manipulate up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- The Furniture Repair Associate position requires lifting, gripping, bending, kneeling, stooping and moving merchandise 8 hours or more daily.
Physical Work Environment:
- Fluorescent Lighting
- Concrete Flooring
- Climate effected by outside conditions
- Considerable exterior noise
- Extreme temperature fluctuations in the warehouse
A pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment background check must be passed upon job offer.
American Furniture Warehouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
At AFW we pride ourselves on our ability to offer value and service to our customers. When you join AFW you become part of a professional, customer service oriented company.
AFW is seeking highly motivated, energetic, hardworking candidates to join our team.
AFW offers highly competitive pay and a full benefits package that includes 401k, medical, dental, vision and a host of voluntary programs including life insurance, disability, all at affordable rates.