We would like you to join our experienced team at Kona Company, and become a part of the largest seafood company in Hawaii. Your talent and experience will play a pivotal role in ensuring the highest quality and diverse selection of seafood products for our customers. Kona Fish Company is known in the industry for having a strong reputation and service. We are looking for a dedicated team player with a successful track record for success.
This position is located in beautiful Kailua-Kona, HI
This position plays a critical and essential role in providing its customers the best delivery service possible. Under minimal supervision, drivers are accountable for maintaining a high level of product quality, on-time efficient delivery service and outstanding customer service.
- Drivers are expected to be highly communicative with their Supervisor, organized, and detailed oriented.
- Drivers are required to report directly to the Supervisor or General Manager at the start and end of their shift.
- Driver will receive customer invoices and route information directly from the warehouse office. Drivers are ultimately responsible for the accuracy of the total load of orders on their route.
- Drivers are directly responsible for collecting proof of delivery signatures, COD payments, direction and approvals for return or credit from the office (Sales or General Manager).
- Drivers are accountable for their vehicle’s sanitation as well as its overall cleanliness. All daily vehicle inspections will be completed and turned into the Supervisor prior to leaving work. Examples: washing vehicle inside and out, removing any trash from vehicles and sanitizing all bins, boxes and ice gel packs used for delivery and returning it to its assigned location.
- Drivers will complete and be accountable for all logs/reports pertaining to Safety, Sanitation, Mileage, Delivery Route, Product and Vehicle Temperature, Incidents and Accidents before leaving work.
- When time is available, Drivers can be called upon to help wrap fish, work in the warehouse and load other delivery vans.
- Besides delivery routes, delivery drivers will when needed pick up and deliver shipments to various cargo airlines or shippers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid State of Hawaii driver’s license required.
- Acceptable State of Hawaii Driver’s Abstract.
- Excellent written, English verbal and basic math skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and maintain a high degree of judgment, especially when working with information that is confidential in nature.
This position reports directly to the General Manager. On a daily basis, the person in this position will interact with employees from various departments within the company. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, as well as customers, is an essential part of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All delivery employees are required to wear mask when delivering to customers. Company will advise any other Covid requirements as they become available.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Seafood Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Abstract of Traffic Record (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance