Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working , by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
We are currently hiring Warehouse Supervisors to oversee the daily operations in either our outbound or inbound operations and lead a team of 20-25 team members. Competitive salary and a bonus target of 5%.
- Outbound operations works Monday through Friday; 1st and 2nd shifts available
- Inbound operations works an overnight schedule 4 nights per week; either Sunday night – Wednesday night or Monday night – Thursday night. ($6,000 annual shift differential)
You will report to and support the Warehouse Manager in ensuring accurate receipt of product, order fulfillment and the optimization of resources and processes. You will analyze and develop solutions related to workflow, quality, cycle time, team member safety and other key metrics while maintaining compliance with company policies. You will foster a workplace where team members are engaged and committed to the success of the company.
This role is located in our Fountain Inn, SC Distribution Center.
DC Supervisor’s target pay is $65,000 and is bonus eligible. In addition, our DC Supervisors working the night shift will receive an annual shift differential paid out quarterly.
- Work in a multi-shift operation with extended hours of operation. 85% time in warehouse environment, which may include in the actual flow when needed. 15% in office, training or customer contact.
- Manage daily scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities.
- Provide coaching, feedback and development to team members, ensuring everyone is treated fairly and with respect. This includes performance evaluations, recognition and disciplinary action.
- Promote a positive and engaging work environment focused on key metrics.
- Identify important variables across the workflow process and implement enhancements to the workflow.
- Develop performance measurements and internal auditing processes to evaluate operations efficiency and quality.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and company regulations with emphasis on HazMat and PIE requirements. Certify the handling/shipping of hazardous materials complies with government regulations and Grainger policies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years previous leadership or supervisor experience in high-volume, multi-shift, order fulfillment warehouse.
- Ability to frequently lift, slide and lower packages up to 75 pounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, SAP and warehouse management systems.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.