Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 40-50 hours per week
Starting Wage: $28.75 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be willing to work schedule that includes weekend days. Must be willing to share in on-call work requirements with maintenance team.
• Develops and implements solutions to technical and facility related problems.
• Cooperates and interacts effectively through ongoing communication and exchange of information with relevant personnel related to maintenance matters.
• Maintains and implements preventative maintenance programs and consults with the warehouse management team regarding maintenance needs, safety concerns and sanitation issues.
• Provides input to the warehouse management team regarding changes to improve the operation.
• Communicates appropriately with warehouse management, staff and 3rd parties on any maintenance related issues.
• Performs general cleaning duties to achieve warehouse appearance standards and safety requirements.
• Performs routine maintenance on the warehouse building interior and exterior.
• Contacts and schedules vendors and contractors for necessary warehouse building repairs and emergencies that are outside the scope of routine maintenance.
• Maintains a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when next service is due by utilizing an effective personal organization method.
• Maintains confidentiality and privacy of company sensitive data.
• Assists warehouse management in achieving budgeted goals.
• Performs all assigned tasks, accurately, efficiently, and within company policy and procedures.
• Follows the ergonomic program according to established procedures.
• Operates equipment according to safety guidelines in performance of essential job functions.
• Notifies management regarding product quality, safety concerns, and sanitation issues.
• Perform maintenance and repairs on Toyota sit-down forklifts, Crown/Raymond/Barrett electric pallet jacks, Tennant floor scrubbers, Lantech Wrap machines, trash compactors, and Summit Balers.
• Complete daily service reports/work orders.
• Perform dock plate and dock door inspections and repairs.
• Inspect, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on all material handling equipment including electric and propane operated machinery.
• Schedule annual inspections for various pieces equipment, building inspections and PM’s.
• Source parts and submit purchase requisitions for parts, and maintain a parts inventory for use on warehouse equipment.
• Complete routine PM inspections on Ammonia Refrigeration System.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• You must be 18 years of age or older to be employed for this role at ALDI
• Acts Conscientiously: Demonstrates concern for quality, product integrity, and safety of one’s own and others’ work and impact to the stores.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative working environment with peers and supervisors.
• Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Resilience: Adapts positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change in order to achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
• Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by seizing opportunities and proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures. Goes the extra mile and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
• Organizes and Executes with Efficiency: Makes decisions, stays organized and maintains compliance with ALDI standards to support overall productivity and speed in the warehouse both for him/herself as well as the broader team.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communications needed.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Teams)
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• At least 3 years of equipment repair experience.
• Experience working on electric forklifts, pallet jacks, and floor scrubbers.
• Experience in Industrial Technician or Engineer.
• Experience working with a fleet of forklifts, electric pallets jacks singles and double pallet, and maintaining & tracking of loaner fleet equipment.
• Knowledge and experience of working with Ammonia Refrigeration System is preferred.
• Frequently required to lift up to 45 pounds at various heights.
• Frequently required to sit, stand, bend, reach, grip, push, pull, lift, carry and walk throughout the warehouse.
• Continuously work in varying temperatures, hot and cold (including outdoor temperatures and refrigerator/freezer environments).
• Ability to safely and properly operate powered industrial equipment.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.