Envision AESC is the world’s leading battery technology company. Through AIoT-driven innovations in battery technology and multidisciplinary applications, Envision AESC establishes scenarios to enable electric vehicles to participate in the renewable energy eco-system and provides a dynamic balance to the common development of clean energy and new energy electric vehicle industry.
We are currently hiring a Warehouse Design Engineer role – hybrid opportunity based near Nashville, TN area to travel to the local US plants. The Warehouse Design Engineer will lead all aspects of the warehouse design for the US new plant business.
What will you do in this role?
- Provides input into overall direction, development and integration of warehouse control systems, warehouse automation (AS/RS), and automated guided vehicles.
- Focuses on strategic initiatives and plans; is proactive and drives change / value to division.
- Leads solutions process and design of new plant logistics, warehouse layout and flow and packaging that meet the individual OEM and 3rd parts customer requirements and ramp up plans for new business.
- Plays a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology and continuous improvement.
- Work with business leadership to document a clear vision of a business opportunities and how they support the business plan.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for Integration, Warehouse Control Systems, Material Handling Equipment, AS/RS, and Automated-Guided Vehicle integration to Business Systems (SAP, SAP-EWM),
- Interface with Global Envision leadership teams to develop proposals and gain consensus on all proposed warehouse solutions activity.
- Collaborate cross functionally with the various stakeholders for each plant (i.e., Purchasing, Manufacturing, Facilities Engineering and Finance) to ensure optimized solutions for warehouse operations.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Automation / Material handling Systems experience with a focus on warehouse management systems or material handling equipment automation
- 3-5 years in Automation Systems, warehouse control software implementation and integration or factory automation systems
- Knowledge of transportation network design and inventory control processes and procedures. Understanding of statistical analysis, parts forecasting methodologies, and associated system software
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Basic understanding of principles, concepts, practices, and standards related to supply and logistics system information management.
- Ability to prepare statistical analysis and business case recommendations for Logistics solutions.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Highly automated, clean, safe, and temperature-controlled production environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- HSA and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K with company match plus annual retirement contribution
- Life Insurance (Company paid and additional voluntary life available)
- Paid Vacation and 14 Paid Holidays
- Short term and long-term disability coverage (Company Paid)
- Tuition reimbursement
All of us at Envision AESC – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance products. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire.