Join the Team that is Feeding America, Coast to Coast! We are looking for self-motivated and team-oriented warehouse workers individuals in Portland Oregon who enjoy working in a fast-paced warehouse environment. At Western Boxed Meat, we realize a crucial part of our success is our commitment to hiring and developing quality warehouse workers that have the desire to understand our business and customers. Our employees are the very heart of our business and are always looking for reliable people who are team players with a strong work ethic to join our company.
In turn, we offer a robust and comprehensive benefits package. Should you live in the surrounding areas of Portland, such as Vancouver, Hillsboro, and Gladstone, this warehouse role can be within commutable distance.
Under the direct supervision of a Lead Warehouse Worker, the Warehouse Worker will perform a variety of functions, including but not limited to, loading and unloading trailers, receiving produce from outside carriers and company pickups, and processing and returning products to warehouse inventory.
- Prepare dock for receiving.
- Clear the dock area of debris and sweep if necessary.
- Have warehouse paperwork matched (P.O. and Bill of Lading) and ready for receiving.
- Have pallets set up at the doors.
- Count all products, check all dates, and scan all codes to verify that they are set up in the scanning system.
- Slot product if necessary.
- Check the temperature on each item off each carrier with prob.
- Report any shortage or rejections by noting on bills and a claim called into the vendor for the claim number.
- Verify all counts and quality of product before signing carriers' Bill of Ladings.
- Enter all receiving data into the system and stamp purchase orders as received.
- Pull runs, second runs, or will-call orders as needed.
- Inventory warehouse products as needed.
- Repair/tape all broken boxes as needed.
- Daily safety check of assigned warehouse equipment.
- Restock returned product daily.
- Notify the supervisor of any product that must go into the freezer.
- Notify the warehouse supervisor of any injuries and/or damage.
- Maintain the work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Comprehensive Health Care – Medical, Dental, and Vision
- On-Demand Pay – Your Money When You Want It!
- Referral Bonus up to $1000
- Competitive Pay & Selector Incentives
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Discounts
Qualifications + Experience:
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment is a plus
- Great attitude
- Frequently required to stand; walk, stoop, kneel and crouch throughout shift
- Must be able to frequently lift, push or move product that weighs up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to perform job functions within varied temperatures within the warehouse and freezer (temp ranging from -01 to 34 F*)
- Frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart
- Ability to work from foot to standing and seated powered equipment for extended periods of time
- Must be able to frequently reach above shoulder
- Ability to occasionally grasp objects while manipulating objects with frequently twisting
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility
- Monday & Tuesday: 3 PM-Complete
- Weds, Thurs-Friday: 5 PM-Complete
- Saturday & Sunday: Off
Apply for this warehouse worker position today based in Portland, OR – simply hit the apply button now!